Pot-Head Schwarzenegger Blasts SEIU for Supporting Marijuana Legalization

assumption?
no. counties have already declared it. I am 100% sure that a good number of the counties will in fact, reliquish our right for MMJ when it passes. that isnt an assuption, its a fact. its all over the internet and the post.

and dicusted, im not trying to convince you to go for 19. im saying im on your side haha
no on 19 yeah discusted? :)

but it still really confuses me as to why people want to give up what we have now. it is pretty easy to get a club card and the rules are pretty easy to follow.
why take the risk.
please people, cash in and go. dont the people of california know anything about gambling?

uhhh..im worried for he future. i guess we will all see soon..

I am 100% sure that a good number of the counties will in fact, reliquish our right for MMJ when it passes. that isnt an assuption, its a fact. its all over the internet and the post.

Ever read Chicken Little?

but it still really confuses me as to why people want to give up what we have now

Because most of us dream of the day when Cannabis will be legal for all adults. :yahoo:

Dont be silly, even if a local muni says no to sales or commercial grows.... Californians of drinking age will still be allowed to grow and smoke weed legally.

and those breaking the law by growing more than a 25 sq foot space will still be safer due to lack of probable cause for searches.

when you look deeper prop 19 is simply win/win.

@ malashanko and discusted: I am very glad that you are voicing your concerns over Prop 19 in this forum. I do think it's important to look clearly and deeply at something that we will either endorse or reject at the voting booth. I believe you are sincerely worried about the changes that 19 might bring.

This is what I understand you to be essentially saying (and please correct me if I am wrong), you believe that "Prop 19 could restrict the freedoms which one has under 215". This is a thorny issue, and I know of those in the medical marijuana community who are worried because there is not a specific exclusion of mm patients in the language of the bill.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Ammiano already addressed that omission in legislation to take effect should 19 pass. So, others are taking steps to specify patient rights under the law; not necessarily because those rights are actually in danger, but rather to underscore them.

I do not believe our rights are in any existential danger because Prop 215 set up a constitutionally distinct class of people: those with a physician's recommendation to use cannabis as a medicine, and their caregivers. Prop 19 sets up a different and distinct class: the recreational pot user, but has no language in it that "dissolves" this distinct class of medical marijuana patients, with it's own set of protections under the law.

Ergo, the mm patient and caregiver retain all their privileges, including their right to sue over access to medicine.

Hope that clears up any lingering doubts and we can all come together on this momentous issue. Just think, cannabis was outlawed in California in 1913! We we the first state to ban it for the same crappy reasons we ban it today: racism and graft. 100 years is just too long for this magic plant to be kept under a bushel. Remember, Prop 19 not only frees the weed, it frees the hemp! And that, my friends is a coming economic whirlwind that has been completely overlooked in the discourse.

Prop 19 lets the green genie out to bestow the healing, joyful, fruitful, potent herb, and so many are going to benefit, so quickly, from it, that it ain't never goin' back in.

EDIT: In the spirit of friendliness and community, I have changed my mind and retracted what was written in this post!

My curiosity gets me though. say I consume 1 1/2 ounce per month. My 2 plants produce about 8 pounds that is 96 ounces. Could I be charged with a felony possession and intent to sell if I possess over 1 ounce. By the way the current law in California says to the effect that possession of less than 1 ounce is a misdemeanor and possession of over 1 ounce is a felony.

hey david whats the deal with the spammy sig line? not cool at all to use 420 mag to hawk your internet site....

My curiosity gets me though. say I consume 1 1/2 ounce per month. My 2 plants produce about 8 pounds that is 96 ounces. Could I be charged with a felony possession and intent to sell if I possess over 1 ounce. By the way the current law in California says to the effect that possession of less than 1 ounce is a misdemeanor and possession of over 1 ounce is a felony.

Is that medical or recreational? Medically you could have even more, after 19 passes I would still say that's legal as long as you didn't have a field full saying it was just 2 plants. If recreational only I don't think there would be a problem unless you brought attention to yourself, dealing, traffic, a garden so large it draws attention. Well we will find out, I just put every penny I have into moving back out to California so hope I'm right.......the possession of one OZ refers to travel as I understand it.

Section 3: Lawful Activities
Article 5 of Chapter 5 of Division 10 of the Health and Safety Code, commencing with section 11300 is added to read:
Section 11300: Personal Regulation and Controls

(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:

(i) Personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than one ounce of cannabis, solely for that individual's personal consumption, and not for sale.

(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.

(iii) Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

(iv) Possess objects, items, tools, equipment, products and materials associated with activities permitted under this subsection.

Its all well and good but section Article 5 section 11301(m)
Any other appropriate controls necessary for protection of the public health and welfare.

Which can be easily interpreted that if my neighbor complains about the smell or fear that his cat will come over and eat my bush, the city can impose restrictions. The city can make you pull it up as a nuisance. Or maybe you live too close to a school or park.

Or fear that someone will come into your yard, kill your Rottweiler and shoot you to steel your plants. therefore we must block your right to plant and grow.

Yeh know! I am starting to sound like "chicken little."

I guess what I am really saying is you had better get real close and friendly with your city and county councils, representatives, or any political person that has clout with the leaders of you area. "He, who is silent, acquiesce." in other words silence grants permission.

Its all well and good but section Article 5 section 11301(m)
Any other appropriate controls necessary for protection of the public health and welfare.

Which can be easily interpreted that if my neighbor complains about the smell or fear that his cat will come over and eat my bush, the city can impose restrictions. The city can make you pull it up as a nuisance. Or maybe you live too close to a school or park.

Or fear that someone will come into your yard, kill your Rottweiler and shoot you to steel your plants. therefore we must block your right to plant and grow.

Yeh know! I am starting to sound like "chicken little."

I guess what I am really saying is you had better get real close and friendly with your city and county councils, representatives, or any political person that has clout with the leaders of you area. "He, who is silent, acquiesce." in other words silence grants permission.

no one is gettin' wet 'till someone jumps in the pool......

no one is gettin' wet 'till someone jumps in the pool......

I m already in the pool. doesn't anyone get it.If the law doesn't specifically right out the restrictions and allowances, there are none.

Everyone that I have spoken too that does not have a certificate for medical usage. Comes up with a variety of excuses. The most recognizable and acceptable to me is I do not wish to be on a list. I can get behind that. Chances are you are already on a list but that is a different subject.
I can't afford it. The highest rate in this county is 200.00 for the first year and 100.00 renewal. I am sorry but that is not very much for the security of having and traveling with MJ.

I just do not see enough benefit to this proposition to gamble with what freedoms I have left. Like I said, right now I can smoke with my 20yr old nephew who is also a medical user, but if 19 passes could I be arrested????

The age of a minor should be under 18yrs. That is the statutory age of accountability.
I recently had a talk with a grandchild about drugs, to encourage abstinence of drugs, when the subject of MJ was raised and my opinion of its usage was broached so I told him That I thought like all of these cool things to do it is best to wait until he was 18. I asked him what he knew about it. He started spout-en names of this kind and that kind and how much it cost that I became stupefied that he knew more about the product than I did. He is 12 and has more illegal contacts than I did before my card.

Just be ready to support either way the vote goes. If 19 loses, keep fighting for what is right. If 19 wins, fight to make sure it doesn't get perverted.

Any one know how much canabutter I can transport for delivery under prop 19?

I just read a side that is intriguing. the consideration of hemp products other than for medical or recreational. Products like hemp clothing, insulation, construction material and so on could be a multi billion dollar industry. Especially into the new age of environmentally conscious people.

ILike I said, right now I can smoke with my 20yr old nephew who is also a medical user, but if 19 passes could I be arrested????

That's what you are worried about? You would vote no on this bill for that? And you can't find enough postives in the bill to outweigh that?

The age of a minor should be under 18yrs. That is the statutory age of accountability.

So you actually expect that if 19 doesn't pass, that a better bill will come along that grants superior consumption rights for cannabis over alcohol? Good luck with that one....

That's what you are worried about? You would vote no on this bill for that? And you can't find enough postives in the bill to outweigh that?

So you actually expect that if 19 doesn't pass, that a better bill will come along that grants superior consumption rights for cannabis over alcohol? Good luck with that one....

yeah! that is one of the 18 points I am concerned about. Can you answer that question. Could I be arrested? Furthermore what is the penalty? Under Prop 19, or would it defer to federal law and the 3 to 5 years is invoked?

By the way no one has given me one positive aspect on all the concerns I have raised, other than "I can freely carry under an ounce, and smoke in my closet without arrest, fine or imprisonment."

You think that is a fair trade off. No wonder Nuremberg was so effective.

yeah! that is one of the 18 points I am concerned about. Can you answer that question. Could I be arrested? Furthermore what is the penalty? Under Prop 19, or would it defer to federal law and the 3 to 5 years is invoked?

By the way no one has given me one positive aspect on all the concerns I have raised, other than "I can freely carry under an ounce, and smoke in my closet without arrest, fine or imprisonment."

Prop 19 does not make any rules prohibiting smoking in front of a minor. It simply states that it does not permit smoking in front of a minor or include it in the definition of "personal consumption". It also means nothing would change for medicinal users.

Prop 19 DOES NOT create a new offense against smoking in front of a minor!

I forgot to address this one. Yes I do believe a better one will come down the pike but it will be 2 more years. I do believe that the closeness of passing this bill will make it easier for them to right a much more detailed law.

I am right now ready to plant my allotted medical issue next spring. I know of many that have grown that many behind a simple chain link fence. My county ordinance does not provide for outdoor growing, only indoor growing, with proper filtering and such so as to not offend pour neighbors.

I forgot to address this one. Yes I do believe a better one will come down the pike but it will be 2 more years. I do believe that the closeness of passing this bill will make it easier for them to right a much more detailed law.

If that is a fact, there is no way that the voters will agree to giving the right to 18 year olds to smoke cannabis when they don't have the right to drink alcohol. And there is no way that a proposed bill author would even attempt that imho.

LMAO-
a bill allowing 18 yo's to smoke and grow recreationally would NEVER get even close to the amount of signatures needed to be on the ballot.

Feel free to start one though-

If, and what if,and but if, man if I worried that much I would never get shit done! No one is saying that 19 is perfect but HOW is this law in addition to 215 a bad thing? Maybe you could help me understand with facts and not what if's?

Can you be arrested now! Kind depends on the cop and what your doing? Where can you smoke a ciggarette now in Cali? You know it's illegal to smoke a cigarette in a car with a minor? It's on the drivers test.....how many get arrested for that?

I am right now ready to plant my allotted medical issue next spring. I know of many that have grown that many behind a simple chain link fence. My county ordinance does not provide for outdoor growing, only indoor growing, with proper filtering and such so as to not offend pour neighbors.

You mean the people that share your neighborhood how dare them tell you to respect others? Control freaks......dude I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cannabis but listen to what you just said!!!

Also how many years has it taken to just get this law how can you be sure something else will come down the PIKE? What's to say if this fails the Feds don't see that as a time to attack?? Your argument while valid is a bit paranoid.......but if anyone thinks that after any legislation passes the battle is over ask Abortion doctors??? We will have to continue to fight for our rights but waiting 2 years is not smart what if the Republicans get in power and start coming down even harder.......see I can go on for ever. I suggest you vote yes on 19 and work as hard as you worry to make it right!

Back
Top Bottom