Pot-Head Schwarzenegger Blasts SEIU for Supporting Marijuana Legalization

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Just when you thought he couldn’t lower himself any further in the eyes of the public, much-despised governor and former bad actor Arnold Schwarzenegger goes ahead and pulls a stunt like this: writing an op-ed, published in the Los Angeles Times, blasting the SEIU for supporting California’s Proposition 19, which would legalize marijuana. Among his dishonest reasons for arguing against marijuana legalization is that it would "make California a laughing stock."

You’d know all about that, wouldn’t you, Arnold?

Now, it is a fact proven time and time again that the elites in American society are giant hypocrites. They believe they can do anything they want, no matter how illegal and destructive, and get away with it while everyone else is forbidden from indulging and has to pay a stiff penalty for daring to follow the example set by their "betters". Just ask Eddie Long, the disgraced (and disgraceful) megachurch pastor and public homophobe, who was recently accused of trying to seduce men.

But the thing is, most people refuse to accept this societal double standard. What is allowable for the elite of society should not be disallowable for everyone else, and what is disallowable for everyone else should not be allowable for the elite. The founders of America waged their revolution against England chiefly because they were sick of enduring the rule of a monarch who held himself above the law while everyone else had to suffer under it. It’s the notion that has served as the bedrock of American society for more than two centuries, though that bedrock has been worn away.

So when a guy who is famous for, among other things, indulging in the occasional bit of reefer madness, goes ahead and claims that the state he has misgoverned into ruin would be a laughing stock if it legalizes the very thing he did illegally more than thirty years ago, that is what sane human beings call hypocrisy. And we do not have to accept it. Marijuana has yet to cause any significant number of deaths in the United States. Meanwhile, alcohol and tobacco — proven killers that are highly addictive — remain perfectly legal, regulated by the government and taxed to bring in revenue. There is no legitimate reason why a known lawbreaker should be heeded when he rants and raves against unions in his anti-marijuana scrawlings.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: firedoglake.com
Author: Michael Kwiatkowski
Copyright: 2010 firedoglake.com
Website: Pot-Head Schwarzenegger Blasts SEIU for Supporting Marijuana Legalization | The Seminal

So what is knew about Arnold being a chicken shit... He only going to do what any rich person would do and that is to look out for number #1 and his pocket book... Great world we live in...

The contents of that article are no reason in and of itself to stoop to name calling and whatever... it has much more to do w/pork barrel politics than looking out for numero uno.
Also, I don't think you can call Arnold a hypocrite for smoking pot 30 some years ago and being against it now... if he is still doing it, then you could say he is a hypocrite. There is, as far as I know, no proof that he is still a pot smoker!
Also, comparing the Gov w/a known pedophile bears nothing and is just wrong in itself, period!

I'm not defending the Gov or his political stand on pot. Certainly though, if we are to win this war, we need to be more creative, using our numbers and votes to thwart those who stand against us... name calling and things like that only show the other side that they are right when they say we are too stupid to govern our own affairs like MMJ.

Just my thoughts on this thing... god help us all!

So whinging about it here is useless, because we're all preaching to the choir. What everyone needs to do is go online to the relevant news outlets, in this case the L.A. Times, and add your comments to refute it.

IMHO this is Arnold trying to hold on to the conservative Repubs, who have never been great fans of his.

The contents of that article are no reason in and of itself to stoop to name calling and whatever... it has much more to do w/pork barrel politics than looking out for numero uno.
Also, I don't think you can call Arnold a hypocrite for smoking pot 30 some years ago and being against it now... if he is still doing it, then you could say he is a hypocrite. There is, as far as I know, no proof that he is still a pot smoker!

Just my thoughts on this thing... god help us all!
It doesn't matter if his last toke was 30 years ago, it is still extremely relevant. We should never forget what it means to "be against marijuana" in this context, or to be against Proposition 19 on general principles. It means you are "for" people being arrested and prosecuted for growing and possessing cannabis. If you are "against" medical marijuana, you are most likely not a knowledgeable scientist, like a doctor, who may believe he has scientific reasons why he thinks it doesn't work; instead you are a person who believes the dispensaries should be shut down, and distributors and patients should face legal sanction. This isn't about handing out anti-MJ booklets to schoolchildren, it's about putting people in prison and destroying any hope of a normal productive life for them.

If Arnold smoked pot 30 years ago and never paid the legal penalty yet is in favor of prohibtion now, then he's a damn hypocrite.

I would think, and hope, my state is a laughingstock for denying non heterosexual people the right to marry, and not for being sane on drug policy.

If Arnold smoked pot 30 years ago and never paid the legal penalty yet is in favor of prohibtion now, then he's a damn hypocrite.

EDIT: In the spirit of friendliness and community, I have changed my mind and retracted what was written in this post!

I am a real tossup here. Proposition 19 may not be the answer for us. I believe that personal use should be unrestricted, and sales should be taxed.

As I understand Proposition 19 anyone can grow 25 square feet of plant, anyone can possess 1 ounce or less. that the wording of the proposition could be interpreted to void the medical user completely.

My curiosity gets me though. say I consume 1 1/2 ounce per month. My 2 plants produce about 8 pounds that is 96 ounces. Could I be charged with a felony possession and intent to sell if I possess over 1 ounce. By the way the current law in California says to the effect that possession of less than 1 ounce is a misdemeanor and possession of over 1 ounce is a felony.

Are we so blinded by the move to get canibus legalized that we do not pay attention to what is really going on.

I foresee a much greater threat to canibus users if proposition 19 passes.

Prop 19 is about the people having a freedom given back. That was taken away by fruad... If you do not think the rich only look out for themselves you are dead wrong... Greed is #1 proplem with society. Boo hoo to all the growers that are worried about there money ... You greedy little bastards... Like the rest of America. You can only think of yourselves... I grow ... I will take a big hit. My co-op has a donation jar... I fill it up for free and thank God that I can... Thanks to medical marijuana laws... when medical marijuana started It was not perfect at at first... Yet every year. the law is becoming less restrictive... If you for once think that this law is not a big thing. than you deserve to be a corprate slave for the rich... It all starts here... RIght now... VOTE..... ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$50 says when 19 passes Arnold will flip his position. if theres one thing you can count on Arnie for its abrupt 180 degree changes in his opinion when he discovers hes on the unpopular side of an issue.

Arnie needs to get over himself. There are a lot of reasons to blast the SEIU, but this is not one.

"My curiosity gets me though. say I consume 1 1/2 ounce per month. My 2 plants produce about 8 pounds that is 96 ounces."

Hello discusted! You got my curiosity! What strain do ya use? 4 lbs from a plant X 2? Wowser! That's great! Do you use root fungi? Any secrets to share? :)

mM

Money, Not an issue for prop 19. It won't hurt the cartel's at all. They are in favor of it. It will provide for them to legally grow and distribute within California as well as provide adequate cover for the illegal dispensing to other states.

Prop 19 will allow anyone to grow but most people will not, on the most part, for several years until the general public accepts. I doubt that will happen. What will my co workers say when they find out I am growing and smoking??? What will my neighbors think?? and so on. These are real concerns of the general public.

The drug lords and cartels are chomping at the bit to get prop 19 passed. They will be the only group that can afford to pay the high license fees for growing. Who do you think is behind the purchases of Oakland's $100k license to grow. I have spoken to several law enforcement officers here in my county and discovered that a person privately growing 1 or 2 plants are left alone. Unless they get a complaint from a neighbor, of course.

As it sits right now I can legally grow up to 30 plants, for my personal use and contribute to the dispensaries what I cannot use. Under Prop 19 this will end.

These are just concerns I have about this proposition until I read California’s Prop 19: A word-for-word analysis | The NORML Stash Blog.

Any opinions?

I have one. Thanks for the great link!! From what I read there there are a lot more +'s than -'s. I am not into giving kids drugs of ANY kind any way. I sure hope AZ can follow suit in the near future. I am waiting for my early ballot so I can vote for our latest pro cannabis initiative. It is not as good as CA Prop 19 but it's at least a good start.

Mine were already smoking 'behind my back' when I started up again bout 6 yr ago. So I did not start them off. In fact I was against MJ then but changed my mind when I remembered that MJ is a good pain reliver that I could use without having to worry about side effects beyond gettin talkative, the mucnhies & a nap. :)

I sure would like to ask what strain you use to get such nice yields. Thanks!! I wouldn't mind getting some beans of that one!!

mM

neighbors look at my plants every day... I am proud to be a 420 user... It shows I have brains... lol

One more thing does the Mafia control still cotrol the booze bizz. Heck no it was made legal and mafia said where's the profit... Get out and vote Yes on 19 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When pot rec pot is legal LEO will be able concentrate on violent, ecco terrorist cartels, instead of guys slinging dimebags.

All my non medical neighbors are chomping at the bit for 19 to pass so they too can have a garden like me and my other medical neighbors.

NORML wants federal legalization and anything seen as regulation is not desirable in their hazy eyes. When 19 passes we will still have 49 other states still to go, surely one of them will get all the rec law wrinkles ironed out. -but for now we can pass 19 and move forward from there.

Good thought Snow! I hope for the same in my state, AZ.

mM

@discusted
You will be happy to know that Tom Ammiano has just drafted statewide legislation which would go into effect as soon as Prop 19 passes. In this legislation Medical Marijuana patients are specifically EXCLUDED from being subject to the regulations applied in Prop 19. It states clearly: Medical Marijuana patients are EXEMPT from its restrictions. So, if you are legitimately growing for a collective, you will not be effected at all. But your brothers and sisters will no longer be going to jail for their own person 5x5 foot recreational grows, they way that they are now.

That sounds like a win/win to me.

Back
Top Bottom