Pots too big?

Potman123

420 Member
I have a friend that has 4 plants in 4 individual Rubbermaid 25 gallon containers . He’s going to start using General hydroponics for nutrients. Plans on watering once then chemical than water till flush time. I’m wondering with pots so big do you think he will be able to get them flushed on on a regular growing schedule. It is big room 2 1000 watt hps ???

Not sure I understand the question. :hmmmm:

It sounds like he's growing in soil. Nothing wrong with a 25g container or res. Assuming it's the right soil mix, he may very well have enough nutrients to get him through harvest with a single feeding and all waterings. And, if he's only feeding once, he's not going to need to worry about flushing.

All that being said, you probably had a question that wasn't clear to me and didn't get answered and, if that's the case, please re-state the specific question and I'll try again! :laugh:

Sorry I suck at wording things. I’m just wondering with pots so big if the plants will be able to get flushed properly. They will get chemicals at least once a week till the end.. I’ve personally never used pots that big inside. And never heard of anyone else using them either. And yeah there in soil just a regular pro mix or something lots of drainage with the soil

Sorry I suck at wording things. I’m just wondering with pots so big if the plants will be able to get flushed properly. They will get chemicals at least once a week till the end.. I’ve personally never used pots that big inside. And never heard of anyone else using them either. And yeah there in soil just a regular pro mix or something lots of drainage with the soil
You're fine in large containers and there's a great grower, @Duggan, who's growing in 26g containers. It will just take more water to flush them if growing with chemicals. You can checkout Brother Duggans journal here:

Duggan Does Durban Poison & Chronic In DBHBB

I have a friend that has 4 plants in 4 individual Rubbermaid 25 gallon containers . He’s going to start using General hydroponics for nutrients. Plans on watering once then chemical than water till flush time. I’m wondering with pots so big do you think he will be able to get them flushed on on a regular growing schedule. It is big room 2 1000 watt hps ???
You do realize that your friend is using hydro nutrients for soil o_O you may want to go with some fox farms nutes, at least it's for soil :popcorn:

Lol if you're indoors flushing a 25 gallon pot of soil is gonna be tough let alone 4 of them... I thought my 6 dwc buckets I need to clean every 2 weeks was hard work... best of luck friend those plants are gonna be crazy big for indoor.

What are we "flushing" again? I'm not even sure that's a thing in soil.

There's chemistry going on in the soil and flushing ain't going to change that.

My advice wood be to not overthink, build soil good enough for the plants to grow in and be sure and water a lot going down the stretch.

My plants each drink gallons of water every day after about day 45 in flower.

Back
Top Bottom