Powder on cured buds: Help!

tigresporos

420 Member
so i had these buds stored for 20 days into curing , i left them for 3 days without opening the vase and white powder spots started to appear
61430404_708202752942364_944850929188864000_n.jpg
HOW DO I SAVE OR RECOVER MY BUDS FROM THIS WHITE POWDER THAT HAS APPEARED , ITS MOLD I THINK...

You could dip them in hydrogen peroxide-straight 3% stuff,and
shake them around in it for a little while-that should kill the mold and any spores.
It's your call after that if you want to smoke them or not-they may not have a whole lot of taste left.
You might want to consider just using them for hash or butter.
Do you use boveda 62 humidipaks in your jars?

hello @carcass
thanks for your reply , i dont use humidpacks in my jars and i just forgot to open the jars for 3 days straight and that slight mold skin appeared on my buds , i did research and found out about the peroxide method , can i leave them for now in open air so it wont spread more and tommorow bath them in peroxide? will it kill the taste of the buds?

It won't totally kill the taste,but it will weaken it quite a bit.
Yes,you can leave them out to slow the mold/mildew growth...
(maybe even put them in the fridge in the meantime)
Another thing you might consider is taking all the buds out of that
particular jar and washing the jar out,to get rid of any spores that
might be sitting in there-to be honest,you should wash all the buds from
that jar in peroxide,or at least spray them with some-unless you
feel safe that they're dry enough to not start molding again..

**edit** The buds will still get you high,they just won't taste as good as they should.

so i had these buds stored for 20 days into curing , i left them for 3 days without opening the vase and white powder spots started to appear
61430404_708202752942364_944850929188864000_n.jpg
HOW DO I SAVE OR RECOVER MY BUDS FROM THIS WHITE POWDER THAT HAS APPEARED , ITS MOLD I THINK...
o yikes!!!! that's mold.....oooooohh sorry man!

Back
Top Bottom