Power bump... lights out! How do you folks control it?

I am new to this ballast bulb K rap. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am using a couple of magnetic ballasts running 400 watt MH bulbs. If the power is bumped the light does not re-light and just sizzles. Eeeesh. So two questions.

If the system is left "sizzling" after a power inturuption what will happen?

What do you folks use to stop this, a UPS? if so how big?

The answer is you do your own research :cheesygrinsmiley:

I found a delay ON timer. A Cap HLC-2E, if the power goes off this will delay it coming back on for 15 minutes, long enough for the bulbs to cool and re-start

I am new to this ballast bulb K rap. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am using a couple of magnetic ballasts running 400 watt MH bulbs. If the power is bumped the light does not re-light and just sizzles. Eeeesh. So two questions.

If the system is left "sizzling" after a power inturuption what will happen?

What do you folks use to stop this, a UPS? if so how big?
About all you can do is go turn the ballast off for a half hour and then kick it back on. You might want to check on putting the lights on a separate breaker and match it more closely to the amps you're drawing so that it will pop the breaker until you turn it back on. Usually one day of lights off won't hurt the plants too bad but if left for more thatn that they will either die or hermie on you.

About all you can do is go turn the ballast off for a half hour and then kick it back on. You might want to check on putting the lights on a separate breaker and match it more closely to the amps you're drawing so that it will pop the breaker until you turn it back on. Usually one day of lights off won't hurt the plants too bad but if left for more thatn that they will either die or hermie on you.

Read my post above... I tested it when I installed it as one of the lights was on, works like a charm!!

Back
Top Bottom