PPM chart ?

PPM-EC-C9.jpg

Your schedule sounds alright in general- though I've never been able to feed a plant anything much past 1200 ppm without burning it.
However - and this is very important- Don't forget that ppm is not a concrete number. It varies depending which model of tester you are using.
A 'ppm meter' cannot directly measure ppm. It can only measure EC (electrical current). It then guesstimates the ppm by multplying EC by a number- .500 / .635 / or .700. It's different depending which brand of instrument you use.
Let's say you have a solution with an EC of 1.0. Every working meter should get a reading of EC 1.0 from this solution . However- the ppm it displays could be 500, 640, or 700- depending on the tester used.
My combo meter uses a .700 conversion rate.
So the 1600 ppm you list as your highest number during flowering- would be based on an EC of about 2.3. If your meter uses a .500 conversion ratio- you are feeding with an EC of 3.2

It's a bit a confusing I know. And since I'm in a bit of a hurry atm I may not be doing the best job explaining it. Worth a google if you need to figure this out further. :)

Edit- I see someone has posted the chart. The chart relates to what I am saying- understand?

All good mate see the first figures ms/cm thats the conversion my tds/ppm meter is using the hanna conversion so my ppm converted is actually around 1.4 ec
Ec is more widely reconised if your asking questions about feeding .. making sense. ?

Everyone's optimal PPM or EC will be different based on their growing environment and what nutrients you are using. Lots of things can affect how high your PPM needs to be. Light source, light spectrum, ambient temp, relative humidity, day/night temperature differentials, res temps, dissolved oxygen in nutrient solution, using one additive vs another one, and the list goes on. I've had plants never need more than 500ppm their whole lives and grow great because of having optimal growing conditions and certain additives I was using. But I've also had to slam plants with 1200ppm (with basically the same line of nutrients) during peak bloom to get them off their asses.

Your schedule sounds alright in general- though I've never been able to feed a plant anything much past 1200 ppm without burning it.
However - and this is very important- Don't forget that ppm is not a concrete number. It varies depending which model of tester you are using.
A 'ppm meter' cannot directly measure ppm. It can only measure EC (electrical current). It then guesstimates the ppm by multplying EC by a number- .500 / .635 / or .700. It's different depending which brand of instrument you use.
Let's say you have a solution with an EC of 1.0. Every working meter should get a reading of EC 1.0 from this solution . However- the ppm it displays could be 500, 640, or 700- depending on the tester used.
My combo meter uses a .700 conversion rate.
So the 1600 ppm you list as your highest number during flowering- would be based on an EC of about 2.3. If your meter uses a .500 conversion ratio- you are feeding with an EC of 3.2

It's a bit a confusing I know. And since I'm in a bit of a hurry atm I may not be doing the best job explaining it. Worth a google if you need to figure this out further. :)

Edit- I see someone has posted the chart. The chart relates to what I am saying- understand?
Not really,but it is a good place to start.I'm going to google see what I can learn.I can use your post and rhetorrikz posts as a reference.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

Everyone's optimal PPM or EC will be different based on their growing environment and what nutrients you are using. Lots of things can affect how high your PPM needs to be. Light source, light spectrum, ambient temp, relative humidity, day/night temperature differentials, res temps, dissolved oxygen in nutrient solution, using one additive vs another one, and the list goes on. I've had plants never need more than 500ppm their whole lives and grow great because of having optimal growing conditions and certain additives I was using. But I've also had to slam plants with 1200ppm (with basically the same line of nutrients) during peak bloom to get them off their asses.
Thanks for all the info I do appreciate it.You sound like someone that has done this for awhile,I'm not that advanced yet,but will refer to your post as I learn

Back
Top Bottom