ppm for nute solution based on stages of growth?

Remystemple

Hey all, i found a really old thread here and someone listed the suggested ppm for nute solutions based on the stages of growth and I was just wondering if it's good info.

I'm about to abandon straight up measuring and try let my ppm and the plants needs guide what I feed them.

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250
Early Vegging 300 to 400
Full Vegetation 450 to 700
Early Blooming 750 to 950
Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

I would go off of EC rather than PPM
1600 is way too high IMO, but the rest looks about right

But i've noticed that ec and ppm are the same number just divided or multiplied. 1600 ec is 800 ppm as i understand. 1500 would be 750 ppm and so on. they're totally tied together, so why not just go by one or the other?

PPM stands for parts per million and is the most common domestically used unit when measuring TDS.
EC stands for electrical conductivity, which is a measurement of the ability of something to conduct electricity. In horticulture, EC is the most accurate way to measure nutrient concentration in solution.
500ppm to you may be 640ppm or 700ppm to others!
EC is a Standard that needs no conversion. Simple to use

PPM stands for parts per million and is the most common domestically used unit when measuring TDS.
EC stands for electrical conductivity, which is a measurement of the ability of something to conduct electricity. In horticulture, EC is the most accurate way to measure nutrient concentration in solution.

I'll start using the EC setting on my meter now.

Thanks for that info :)

Isnt there something to do with the nitrogen being e
doesnt it have something to do with temperatures to like if the water is warm it has more electric conductivity then cooler water?

That's why I only go by ppm, I run in random temps based on the season so it's either 80f to 88f nute temps or 74ish during winter haha

Chillers are a waste of power unless your trying for perfection or something haha. I never use em, hydroguard is a must for those without chillers.

it has nothing to do with nitrogen being in it
temps do affect the readings
most readings assume a solution temp of 23C
I didnt mean to write that about nitrogen idk how that happened my bad

Back
Top Bottom