PPM

You can buy a ppm and Ph pen together for extremely cheap. Those tools are the most important for any grower. Sure I don't use either anymore but I wouldn't play a guessing game with my plants initially. Neglect of either can quickly lead to lockout, dead plants, and wasted time and money. All of which could be prevented by a 20 dollar investment.

Just my 2 pennies. Best wishes.

I have them
Yeah I kinda posted that before I read the first post.... So can I ask my buddy shed to come by your journal? He won member of the month and is a solid dude commuted to helping out new growers. He grows in soil and I believe he uses some of the FF products.

It's tough to say about the TDS meter if your at 600 or 6000 ppms. It if Chris suggests lowering your dose it probably means that your a little strong in the feedings.

Can I offer a suggestion CK? I also like to test ppm of water without any nutes. Add one nutrient, and then check again, writing down the levels as I add. Then with simple subtraction you can figure out how the ppm of each additive by subtracting backwards

yeah i kinda posted that before i read the first post.... So can i ask my buddy shed to come by your journal? He won member of the month and is a solid dude commuted to helping out new growers. He grows in soil and i believe he uses some of the ff products.

It's tough to say about the tds meter if your at 600 or 6000 ppms. It if chris suggests lowering your dose it probably means that your a little strong in the feedings.

Can i offer a suggestion ck? I also like to test ppm of water without any nutes. Add one nutrient, and then check again, writing down the levels as i add. Then with simple subtraction you can figure out how the ppm of each additive by subtracting backwards
ok

Man I must be really doin this wrong I'mma Do a test
Idk about wrong. But just a more meticulous way. Once you know how many Tsp or ml to get to the desired ppm and Ph you don't have to test anything if you don't change any amounts. But it's good to always be as concise as possible just in case you run into problems you can back track and find where things went weird.

In veg you want your ppms in the 400 to 600 range and in flower 600 to 800. Those are approximations as I don't know Fox farms very well.

Yeah I kinda posted that before I read the first post.... So can I ask my buddy shed to come by your journal? He won member of the month and is a solid dude commuted to helping out new growers. He grows in soil and I believe he uses some of the FF products.

It's tough to say about the TDS meter if your at 600 or 6000 ppms. It if Chris suggests lowering your dose it probably means that your a little strong in the feedings.

Can I offer a suggestion CK? I also like to test ppm of water without any nutes. Add one nutrient, and then check again, writing down the levels as I add. Then with simple subtraction you can figure out how the ppm of each additive by subtracting backwards
OK thanks tell your friend to look at my journal

My question is (first timer)

If your PPM is to high do you just add more water until it's at your desired PPM then pH it??.

Also if your PPM is to low, how do you go about increasing it. Would you make a smaller solution and then add into your main solution until it's where are you want it? Then pH it??

Will be using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco Grow/Bloom AnB
with some b-52/voodoo and Big Bud Coco and Overdrive. Will be doing my autoflower journal once it warns up. Just trying to get the basics down before I get going. .

Looking at your first picture it was 668 I believe which is reasonable. Now the next pic said 101 x 10 so about 1010 ppm. It seems your meter shows 3 digits and adds the x10 to indicate thousands. So yours ppm was never 6000 something.

Back
Top Bottom