Pre flower?

CE2JD2

I just need a second opinion…does this look to be just starting pre-flower (or soon)?

I see the calyx, what is the straight part? Sorry …

Dave

CBEF6F05-B332-4114-9935-E70DA9E4531F.jpeg

Yes! That is a female preflower or Calyx. If your question is referring to the long thin piece starting under the calyx this is just a fiber found at each node on each side of each branch located on the main stem. It is nothing to be concerned with. Congrats on it being female!

Caylex with a bract below it. The lone caylex at the node happens quite often. If you plant early in the year when you top a plant it will often put out a couple of those, nice for early sexing. It can also happen anytime during the grow, when you start seeing them at the growth tips, you'll be in pre-flower (stretch).

Yes! That is a female preflower or Calyx. If your question is referring to the long thin piece starting under the calyx this is just a fiber found at each node on each side of each branch located on the main stem. It is nothing to be concerned with. Congrats on it being female!
Thank you

Hard to tell without seeing the whole plant. But generally lower leaves that don't get enough sun or damaged leaves can come off, but as @EZCalyx said, the fan leaves are the power plants for the buds, so unless they're seriously blocking bud sites I'd leave them. Two schools of thought, some defoliate heavily, some not at all. I personally prefer to "tuck not pluck", whenever possible.

Nice raised garden for the herbs but can't tell what is in the other one; out of focus or the camera moved.
I'd prune if there are lower leaves that are yellowing or shaded and prune any of the lowest branches that won't produce well. You want the plants energy going into the choice buds. Do not prune fan leaves that are soaking up good rays.
I would NOT take anymore leaves off that plant. IMHO, it's a little too lean.
What EZ says and Phytoplankton are saying.

Those pesky lower leaves that seem like they are not contributing anything right now will usually be the first ones the plant goes to once it starts needing more minerals, sugars and nutrients. We often see it within just a few weeks of starting to flower. At that time the plant starts doing its own pruning.

Back
Top Bottom