predicting sex in early veg?

It would tell us if the recognition is strain specific or if it's potentially a nice little bit of info we could apply to all plants.

See... I just have selfish intentions.... I'm just looking for a way to cull the herd earlier.

Cheers

HA!

And I had selfish intentions because all I was thinking about was my strain, lol.

But again, you're right. The much larger question is whether this might apply to other strains also, if indeed it applies to mine.

thanks bro

Yes, you look for preflowers at the internodes, but what if you could tell a week or two earlier, cull the ones you think are males, and give the ones you think are girls more light and space? If you're growing in a small space, that would be pretty cool.

I'm sure some plants wouldn't fit into my neat little plan, and mistakes would be made, but any advantage as far as increasing my percentage of females, and of giving prospective females better growing conditions, would be a good thing.

If I'm wrong and it's just a complete crapshoot until preflowers show, then culling the ones I think are males wouldn't make any difference to the ratio anyway, so nothing lost but my pride, and that's OK too, fatheads like me can use a dose of humble pie occasionally, lol.

Try it and let us know. Too easy to get clones here to worry about seeds. I have no experience. The seeds I grew, were years back and I killed the b4 they finished. When I do decide to do seeds, I'll probably go by the book and/or advice of a grower who did a cycle while I was watching. And if u could tell a week or 2 earlier u need to be in Holland running a breeding business or seed bank, lol.

Try it and let us know. Too easy to get clones here to worry about seeds. I have no experience. The seeds I grew, were years back and I killed the b4 they finished. When I do decide to do seeds, I'll probably go by the book and/or advice of a grower who did a cycle while I was watching. And if u could tell a week or 2 earlier u need to be in Holland running a breeding business or seed bank, lol.

I'm definitely going to try it, just out of curiosity if nothing else.

As far as running a breeding business or seed bank, I think I'll keep my day job, lol.

I feel exactly the same way about cloning as you do about growing from seed. It's what I'm comfortable with, but they aren't mutually exclusive methods. I'm very motivated to learn how to clone.

Its so easy its ridiculous. Did right the 1st time and every other time after. all from reading. No 1 showed me til after I'd already done it. Its one of the simplest and most cost effective ways to grow. U could breed and get hella seeds, but it takes way longer. In those months U could've taken 200-300 clones easily (depending on how many moms ur working with). Watch, once u learn u'll probably vacillate between seed and clone. I'll be watchin as long as I'm here and u stay active posting.

Its so easy its ridiculous. Did right the 1st time and every other time after. all from reading. No 1 showed me til after I'd already done it. Its one of the simplest and most cost effective ways to grow. U could breed and get hella seeds, but it takes way longer. In those months U could've taken 200-300 clones easily (depending on how many moms ur working with). Watch, once u learn u'll probably vacillate between seed and clone. I'll be watchin as long as I'm here and u stay active posting.

I'm really looking forward to cloning, and I hope to stay active growing and posting.

I don't like calling growing a "hobby", because it provides us with medicine, but outside of that, it's a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom