Preflower anxiety

So I’m on week five and I see preflowers starting to take shape. This is my first serious photoperiod grow and I’ve got the space for four ladies... my question is, how do y’all deal with the anxiety?! The suspense is killing ne

i smoke cannabis. no telling pls

So I’m on week five and I see preflowers starting to take shape. This is my first serious photoperiod grow and I’ve got the space for four ladies... my question is, how do y’all deal with the anxiety?! The suspense is killing ne
Three words are sufficient :"Smoke a joint"
:3.
Srsly I understand your feeling, but it get better.

I have only done two grows and the first one I had lots of anticipation. The second one not so much because I had jars of cannabis to smoke and infused oil pills that I use for sleep.

So I feel like I’m seeing two clearly different preflowers, I don’t want to get my hopes up, because there’s only two ball-on-stick types.. but one looks like it’s a ball on a stick (it’s hard to see the stick because they’re so small that there are few angles I can actually see well), and the other is kind of a double tiny leaf with a ton of the white hairs that cover the plant in the center.. it’s gotta be males and females right?

I know it’s kinda fatty and wide, but to me this looks like a calyx with pistils almost ready to emerge

So I feel like I’m seeing two clearly different preflowers, I don’t want to get my hopes up, because there’s only two ball-on-stick types.. but one looks like it’s a ball on a stick (it’s hard to see the stick because they’re so small that there are few angles I can actually see well), and the other is kind of a double tiny leaf with a ton of the white hairs that cover the plant in the center.. it’s gotta be males and females right?

I know it’s kinda fatty and wide, but to me this looks like a calyx with pistils almost ready to emerge
Sometimes it's hard to tell early on. That does kind of look like pistills but it's too blurry to tell. They should be white but I suppose if you have some stress going on they could be browning already. When a plant is in the early flowering stage, if something prevents it from forming pistills, it can and often will start to form pollen sacs instead.

But it's really hard to tell the difference early on, and sometimes calyxes won't show their pistills and will resemble pollen sacs. It's best to wait a little bit and look for clusters of sacs. Generally you will be able to identify these before they burst and spread pollen.

It's best to wait a little while because otherwise you could misidentify a female plant as a male, and waste a perfectly good plant.

On the other hand, if you have plenty of other plants, or ones deep in flower, it might make more sense to pull it instead of risking a single male flower opening because it only takes a tiny bit of pollen to make a number of seeds.

Sometimes it's hard to tell early on. That does kind of look like pistills but it's too blurry to tell. They should be white but I suppose if you have some stress going on they could be browning already. When a plant is in the early flowering stage, if something prevents it from forming pistills, it can and often will start to form pollen sacs instead.

But it's really hard to tell the difference early on, and sometimes calyxes won't show their pistills and will resemble pollen sacs. It's best to wait a little bit and look for clusters of sacs. Generally you will be able to identify these before they burst and spread pollen.

It's best to wait a little while because otherwise you could misidentify a female plant as a male, and waste a perfectly good plant.

On the other hand, if you have plenty of other plants, or ones deep in flower, it might make more sense to pull it instead of risking a single male flower opening because it only takes a tiny bit of pollen to make a number of seeds.
Nah the brown thing is the stipule. My plants are not in flower, this is day 41, almost the end of week 6 veg, and I have 7 plants from regular seeds. My issue is that I want to up pot as soon as I can so that my girls can veg out in nice big 5 gallon pots. But I only have four pots worth of soil.. so for now all my plants will stay in 2 qt containers until I see true preflowers, at which point the four largest females will be transplanted. 12/12 flip will happen 1st of March

Back
Top Bottom