Preflowering Problems

Bindi

I've been cloning two strains of DJ Short's, F-13 and Grape Krush. They are both exceptional strains but a bit fussy. The F-13 is sensitive to stress and tends to herm on me, but the problem I'm having now is with the Grape-- it starts to flower after a few weeks in veg. Why is it doing this and is there anything I can do to stop it? They don't all do it, maybe about half of them.
Thanks for any and all advice!
Bindi

Smokin' Moose-- yeah, the f-13 is a tricky girl. I hate to give her up tho. Everyone who tries her loves her. The yield is not great but it's such an uplifting strain. Does it matter if clones flower in veg? They aren't flowering fully, just little buds that kind of sit there and wait. Once in the flower room they take off.

Racefan--thanks for the tips. And the tutorials. Very interesting about flowering clones. Have you had any issues with growing the Krush? How has it worked out for you?

I am on maybe the fifth generation from the two DJ strains I've been growing and I've noticed that both are becoming harder to grow. The first two were fabulous. You wouldn't believe the massive hard fragrant buds. My house stunk beautifully for a week. Each grow they've lost a little vigor. I wonder if DJ Short's strains tend to be a little more unstable than some. I like them both A LOT and am thinking to keep buying the seeds every generation or so. I just hope they make it here to Nor Cal from Canada!

Bindi

my opinion is that there is too much cloning going on. I worry that you guys will clone good strains out of existence! Our desires for the perfect little clone could be our demise! We need to dedicate some plants for seed. I think your problem with losing potency stems from too much cloning....but that's just my opinion, Save the plant!

I hear you Hemp-Eaze. It's complicated. Not all of us are set up to grow our own seeds. I can't grow outdoors and I don't have the space indoors to grow males. I'm all for growing from seed but good quality connoiseur seeds are expensive. If I have a place in the country some day where I can grow from seed, I'll probably do it more often. Like I said in my post, I will probably grow DJ's from seeds every couple of generations.

Luckily my DJ bud is not any less potent now than the first generation. It is just trickier to grow. It could be from cloning, or maybe something I'm doing. The last two grows had been plagued by high temps. That may be part of the problem. My winter grows were fabulous.

Are you against cloning for a philosophical reason? You live in Nor Cal, you must know how essential cloning is to the desemination of strains here. We wouldn't have the smorgasbord of varieties if it weren't for cloning. Going to a pot club is like going to a candy store.

I don't think DJ Short's strains are in danger of being cloned out of existence. His seeds are in high demand and are often sold out.

Bindi

Yeah, I understand your situation. In our times we are all forced into being cautious. I was just throwing it out there for good conversation. But we've got to think about our children's children. We have a big responsibility. Just like many breeds of dogs have had the brains bred out of them, Or Monsanto trying to grasp control of the worlds seeds, hybreeding good heirloom tomato seeds out of existence.They've tried to shut down many seed companies. Through out mankind, it was the seed gatherers that held the power of the worlds future. We must be careful. In the Humbolt Nation, many have discussed their concerns about loosing strains, such as white widow, or sure it's still out there, just not the same and maybe will never be again. Let's hope in that our practices today don't steal away the future.

Back
Top Bottom