Pressure Cooker for decarboxylation

I have been using the PRESTO 23 quart pressure canner for close to 30 years or more. It is difficult to improve upon.

My simple pill method. I put an ounce of buds in 3-4 canning jars with the lids on loose, I mean I screw the ring on until it just touch’s the lid I want pressure to release not burst a jar. That’s why I use 3-4 jars Incase one blows up I won’t play with glass pieces. I put in a cup of water stand the jars on the wire rack that comes with the ip I arrange so they can’t tip over. I decarb in the instant pot 110 minutes then a quick release. Carefully pull the jars out they will be 240 degrees so don’t put them on cold surface, why risk a shattered jar at this point. I use a wire rack so air circulates all around them. After they cool I dump them on a cookie sheet to air dry a bit if needed. Donate a coffee grinder and grind your weed to dust. I use size 0 capsules and I have a 100 pill maker. Pill maker and 1000 size 0 on Amazon was like 25-30 bucks. When I fill the capsules I pack the weed with a packer that comes with the capsule maker then add more weed and pack again. What the hell do it again if you can. Press your capsules together and you now have a 100 fun pills. On an empty stomach they will get to you in 30-45 minutes on a full belly double that. Enjoy life eat out more often.

So, the buds can go straight from the plant to the canning jar? No letting whole plant hang and dry for 12-14 daze?
If buds are dry enough to smoke, you good to go with decarbing in pressure cooker. after they come out I grind the buds up. I also do the above method with empty capsules. bought the gizmo off amazon but lately been busy so just hand fill a few at a time.

So, the buds can go straight from the plant to the canning jar? No letting whole plant hang and dry for 12-14 daze?
The pressure canned pot are probably too damp to smoke. If smoking simply leave the pot in an open container to dry for a coupleo days. I don't smoke only ingest.

We are having a time finding a 16 qt Presto stove top pressure cooker, new anyways. One supplier thru Amazon is out. No idea when they will be back in stock. Welcum to da Wonderful World of Covid Supply and Demand.

You are right. Storage at room temperature is fine. I pressure can fruit and vegetables about 500 liter jars each year and they sit in stacks at room temperature. Never had a spoilage. I guess put in the refrigerator is habit.
chemically speaking, the deoxi continues for a short period after being sealed. Lower temps help terps reabsorb into organic matter. A month is optimum in fridge. Then years on the shelf. Oh! I meant to add, it adds flavor preservation to fruits and vegies. A week is all they need.

chemically speaking, the deoxi continues for a short period after being sealed. Lower temps help terps reabsorb into organic matter. A month is optimum in fridge. Then years on the shelf. Oh! I meant to add, it adds flavor preservation to fruits and vegies. A week is all they need.
Good morning @Destony Hope your having a nice day.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Thanks for the info.:thumb:
Unfortunately that thread is old and you might not get an answer.
Why don't you say hi and meet everyone.
Do you have a garden?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

We bought that pressure cooker. Haven’t used it yet. I made coco canna for cream for our olden bodies. Other buds I made butter then canna brownies. Brownies don’t last as long as the coco cream. And I’m still losing weight. At 63 I’m almost down to my high school weight. OMG!

Alas, my growing days are over. Ended by a 3 letter enhanced fire. I didn't even get the curtesy of watching it go from downwind. Oh well, that was decades ago when I was invincible and omnipotent. I was deoxying my "organobabys" (my coined term for buds, it didn't stick) long before most people even new what that was. My Grandmom taught me all the ins and outs of proper food preservation, including (and I still have her's) how to use a pressure cooker. I wasn't going for an answer so much as If someone googled that particular query about refrigeration they would see the added info. You would be surprised to find out how a refrigeration period even a brief freeze after canning can enhance flavor. Hope this helped someone.

Just remember, "The greatest light you'll ever see, is the one you shine on someone else"

Alas, my growing days are over. Ended by a 3 letter enhanced fire. I didn't even get the curtesy of watching it go from downwind. Oh well, that was decades ago when I was invincible and omnipotent. I was deoxying my "organobabys" (my coined term for buds, it didn't stick) long before most people even new what that was. My Grandmom taught me all the ins and outs of proper food preservation, including (and I still have her's) how to use a pressure cooker. I wasn't going for an answer so much as If someone googled that particular query about refrigeration they would see the added info. You would be surprised to find out how a refrigeration period even a brief freeze after canning can enhance flavor. Hope this helped someone.

Just remember, "The greatest light you'll ever see, is the one you shine on someone else"
Hey @Destony Thanks for the tip my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
If you want to say hi and meet everyone here is a thread.
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

I have material to work with and have used this method with success.
13 October 2020 Decarboxylating Marijuana (Pressure Canner)
Posted on October 13, 2020 by Durgan
13 October 2020 Decarboxylating Marijuana/ 13 October 2020 Decarboxylating Marijuana
Decarboxylation marijuana. Marijuana usually needs decarbonylation prior to utilizing. My method is not unknown but seems to be rarely used. It work fine with little hassle. I use pressure canner aften and and am an expert in its use. I usually work with 30 grams of home grown material.
Method. Raw quality product about 30 gram.Remove from support substrate and scissor into small pieces. Place in a liter jar and finger tighten the cap. Place in pressure canner and pressure can at 15 PSI for 40 minute.Done properly the jar material reaches 240F for 40 minutes. Let cool to room and store in freezer or refrigerator.Perfectly Decarboxylated.
dsc_0020_std.jpg
Awesome thanks.

Back
Top Bottom