pro-mix drying out

paul1791

hi folks..I have about 15 seedlings under 400watt m.h. They are a couple of weeks old and I have recently transplanted them into 10 inch pots. My problem is my pro-mix is drying out like mad. The seedlings are only a few inches high now. I find that i have to water everyday.
My question is, should i water my plants to the extent that the water runs right through? Also i have lipmis paper to check the ph. Do i need to check the run-off or before i water? ..I think i may start a journal i think i need help.

Yes water until it comes out the bottom. pH check the runoff and adjust you solution as needed with pH up or down. Litmus paper is not going to be accurate enough for you to maintain your pH levels. You should really get a digital pH meter. Look around and you'll find good ones for around 20 bucks.

Always check and adjust everything going into your soil. Your runoff should be 6.3 - 6.5 :peace:

wow thanks for the quick reply McBudz. I shall purchase one asap. 20 bucks you say..that should be about 35 Canadian dollars. I have been buying most of my equipment at a proper hydroponic store and things are extremely expensive. My plants are growing so slow!

I also experienced the same thing from time to time with different strains. i found that instead of a top-down watering, I was able to achieve excellent results by bottom feeding my plants in trays. It will take a little more experimenting - and soil will experience build-up faster - but will certainly allow you to go longer between H2O applications.

Bottom watering is by far the superior method! I would recommend you use some of the Pro-Mix for containers. It has polymer gel in it that retains water. I've never seen any negatives to using this stuff. My plants love the hell out of it. I use that soil as 25% of my mix, and it really helps.

Hey everyone just checking
but wouldn't you want to first make sure that the temperature is not too high and humidity too low?

Back
Top Bottom