Problem after problem and now this?

Tookerton21

420-magazine-mobile453892587.jpg
420-magazine-mobile569128683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile649044830.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1540250224.jpg
420-magazine-mobile653579803.jpg

I have had numerous problems this growing season and first time growing outdoors in the Pacific Northwest. I have some Venice OG and dr who strains that h am growing. My problems started off with pests and lots of them. I believe it had to do with our late start to our summer, and abnormally high humidity. Had aphids, fungus gnats, white flies and spider mites. I have controlled them and almost kill them all. I moved the infected plants into smart pots to assist with drying out the soil quicker, water them less, and used a drench gognat (cedar oil). This really helped a lot and in combination with the sticky traps to reduce the amount of adults that are able to reproduce. I used azamax and safer to protect my foliage as a foliage spray. Have been doing this for weeks, with satisfactory success.

I'm using fox farm soil, supplemented with eggshells, and worm castings. Used only fish emulsion nutes in the veg stage. Now I have about 1.5 weeks left until they go into flowering and my leaves are the big brown, and crisp like its burnt. Started off on one plant and is moving all around to them. New growth looks mutated on most of my OG's. I did a flush 3 days ago in case their was a salt build up from the fish nutes and help with a blank slate of need to supplement with other nutes. Most of these issues are on my smaller plants but the mother plant they came off are displaying the same on the few older lower leaves and definitely wierd growth shoots on new growth.

Any help and advance is greatly appreciated and hope I have enough details about the issues, and what I am using. Again these are all purely outdoors and was hoping to move the dr who indoors once those have been sexed, since those are from seed.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have had numerous problems this growing season and first time growing outdoors in the Pacific Northwest. I have some Venice OG and dr who strains that h am growing. My problems started off with pests and lots of them. I believe it had to do with our late start to our summer, and abnormally high humidity. Had aphids, fungus gnats, white flies and spider mites. I have controlled them and almost kill them all. I moved the infected plants into smart pots to assist with drying out the soil quicker, water them less, and used a drench gognat (cedar oil). This really helped a lot and in combination with the sticky traps to reduce the amount of adults that are able to reproduce. I used azamax and safer to protect my foliage as a foliage spray. Have been doing this for weeks, with satisfactory success.

I'm using fox farm soil, supplemented with eggshells, and worm castings. Used only fish emulsion nutes in the veg stage. Now I have about 1.5 weeks left until they go into flowering and my leaves are the big brown, and crisp like its burnt. Started off on one plant and is moving all around to them. New growth looks mutated on most of my OG's. I did a flush 3 days ago in case their was a salt build up from the fish nutes and help with a blank slate of need to supplement with other nutes. Most of these issues are on my smaller plants but the mother plant they came off are displaying the same on the few older lower leaves and definitely wierd growth shoots on new growth.

Any help and advance is greatly appreciated and hope I have enough details about the issues, and what I am using. Again these are all purely outdoors and was hoping to move the dr who indoors once those have been sexed, since those are from seed.

ok... complicated answer coming...
I made a similar mistake when I first started organic farming, and I recognize your symptoms.

First the bugs. I think for now you got them. Good job. now lets go for the other issues.

Basically, you are doing an organic grow. I do have to ask if you are using tap water, and since you mentioned flushing, I suspect that you are. If you are using chlorinated water, then you only have what looks like an organic grow. The chlorine would be killing all of the microlife that would make it an organic and living soil. If this is the case, none of the organics are being broken down in your soil, despite your best efforts to put the good stuff in there.

Next, a word on salts. Salt bonds are put around synthetic nutrient molecules to allow them to remain stable and be able to be put into a mix. They are designed to shed these salt bonds at certain pH levels and allow the raw nutrients to be available to be taken up into the plant. The salt and usually carbon atoms remain in the soil and eventually need to be flushed out. Fish emulsion does not have these salt bonds. There was nothing bad left over to flush out. All you flushed was good stuff, and anything small enough to be water soluble... namely, the organic stuff that you had in your soil that was trying its best to be broken down.

Now let's assume you are using good water, filtered, well or distilled. Now your microlife is ok, and essentially you have a full blown organic grow. To break down your eggshells and add to the microlife that came in with the EWC, you should look into AACT, and brew up a good microbe rich compost tea. Even doing this once will greatly enhance your grow, provided of course that you can keep them alive. This would allow you to take advantage of the organics in your soil.

At this point, the yellowing and the damage that can be seen screams that your plants are hungry. They need flowering nutes, now. Your choice is to go full organic and follow up with some of the good things you have been doing, or go with a good commercial synthetic nutrient. If you go this latter course, pH becomes a critical factor and you need to carefully adjust it... if you go organic and let the microlife feed your plant, pH becomes unimportant. The problem is that you are right now in a critical situation. Your plant needs nutrition now. You can't afford to wait for organics to kick in right now... maybe you can fix it by the end of the grow, but right now, your plants need an emergency infusion. Feed them soon, and with something more than that 5-1-1 fish stuff.

That makes complete sense, and would not have thought the water would have been the case. First experience with pdx water, and used to be on well h2o or used water I collected from rain. I only say that because I have a almost 5ft one that I've been super cropping since May and is only starting to display symptoms of yellowing and now looks like a black mold again on the lower older leaf. Which can still mean its hungry and a fungi is taking advantage. I have no problem breaking organic especially this late into the season. I did the flush because I have this white residue on the side of my 30gal smart pot and have been getting desperate. Any recommendations on the type of nutes I should use this advanced into the problem? Should I do a very diluted foliar spray to initially give the first dose of nutes?
420-magazine-mobile1423804906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1463317525.jpg

It doesnt have to be fancy.... just fast. If you want to spend the money, there are organic lines out there, and that is the way I would go after having the experience that I had. You can also go cheap and synthetic, and for my outdoor veggies, I use Jack's Classic Duo... it is very cheap, and fast and cheap shipping since it is a powder. I got water... don't need to buy that.

on the outside of the container, i don't see why you couldn't spray a mold retardant on it, and to reduce the moisture collecting down there, and you might want to try raising it up on something so air can flow underneath. I use large river rocks in my drip trays to do this, and no longer have that mold/mildew problem and get even drying all around the rootball.

I also encourage you to check out my thread on how to make your own lactobacillus serum. I sprayed my tomatoes one time with those special microbes in the beginning of the season and they became almost impervious to the worms and rots that I have seen in previous years. I would highly encourage a foliar spray of a dilution of something like this, and also use it on the outside of that container. The stuff will amaze you. The active symbiotic microbes on the leaves increases transpiration too, so the plants uptake nutrients faster. I do some other interesting things to feed my plants too... and am not much of a fan of the emerging cannabis nutrient industry. We can do much better, naturally. I invite you to look around. I actually have a magic link :)

Back
Top Bottom