Promix & Biobizz Flushing

ThcSnow

Does any one have experience with promix hp and biobizz i only use their full line of nutes nothing else. Just wondering if i should cut off and go to pure water for the last 2 weeks?

re: Promix & Biobizz Flushing

It's not really about the brand of nutes. It is more about the medium being used. In just about every type of growing it is best to stop adding nutes between 4-14 days before harvest. Just depends on what your medium is.

Since Biobizz is organic the rinse isn't quite as important as with salt based fertilizers but it does produce a cleaner finished product. I like to finish with unsulphered blackstrap molasses. Biobizz is molasses based but the blackstrap is like the icing on the cake. Super deep funk. Nothing beats a proper cure, however.

Thank you for the reassurance Joe Hemp the finished product is super awesome and its not even cured! I will add molasses next time also!

After a bunch of research I've been learning that when using "organic" nutrients it's important to add beneficial bacteria and enzymes that will make the nutrients more available to the plant and to break down residual, leftover, nutrients. Brewing your own earthworm castings/guano/compost tea is the best way to go but for convenience you can buy powdered products that do the same thing without the extra work. I've been using Recharge to add beneficials to the soil. SLF-100 helps with breaking down the nutrient residuals and keeps the roots looking pearly white. I had a situation where I had overfertilized and tried the recommended SLF-100 "flush", applying 3 times the normal use amount for three days. Side by side with some plants I had flushed with copious amounts of water the SLF-100 plants bounced back and began new growth much sooner than the water flushed plants. The water flushed plants did okay but the SLF plants made them look like runts. As for the Recharge, their website claimed you would see a noticeable improvement in your plants in two days or your money back. I didn't do a side by side comparison but at week three with two different runs I swear to God the buds DOUBLED IN SIZE in both instances. That's good enough for me.

Also, back to flushing, if you want to reuse your growing medium there's no need to flush when you're using organics. Just add Cannazym or Hygrozyme for the last two weeks to help break down old, dead roots. Then after you harvest immediately dump your soil on the floor in your basement or garage and remove the root balls. Saturate with Cannazym water and cover with a tarp to keep it moist and let it set for a few days, turning it with a hoe or rake every day. Then uncover it and put some fans on it and dry it for a couple of days turning it with a rake so it dries evenly. Rebag it when it's about as dry/moist as any ol bag of potting soil.

But reusing soil is bad, right?

This one was started in the recycled soil from a clone as a test. As you can see, it's doing just fine.
20160509_074442.jpg

Here she is, second from left, with her three other Oregon Diesel sisters from the same batch of clones which I transplanted into the recycled soil two weeks ago. In case you're wondering about the largest of the four, that one is growing in fresh Roots Organic with 20% Perlite.
20160509_074029.jpg

Six different strains growing in recycled Sunshine Mix #4 with 20% Perlite.
20160509_080908.jpg

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

No... reusing soil is preferred and the way to go. But you should be composting it. Most people doing soil I know use it at least 3-4 times. some people just keep a rolling compost pile. For best soil results you want a compost pile where you can dump your old soil and add stuff... and while your next grow is going on this is cooking for the one after.

When starting from seed there is a cheater method I have used often, then you take the males at bloom and compost them down for the next run. By the second run you have a big enough pile to mix with regular stuff and make right from the few males and you are running a pile of clones from the females and are in business. The females you just took down and replaced with clones go into the pile and your next grow is set and so forth and so on.

I really like that post. I have been trying to preach that to people for a long time here. I was just about to write all this out again for someone. I am just going to link them here.

Flush is a simple don't worry about it if you are running a proper soil.

I'm looking forward to giving it more time in the future and I was actually surprised that the test plant didn't burst into flames. Lol. When I first started researching how to recycle soil it seemed like all the articles and forums I came across made it sound crazy, like you'd be crazy to even try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't know any reputable growers in the NW doing it in soil who are not reconditioning and reusing (that's what people call it).

It usually takes 3 grows to get soil good to begin with.

For a more advanced way to grow that is not hard and actually the very opposite when done correctly all you do is add untreated tap water and it beats most grow methods check out Subcools Compost recipe. It is the most famous gold standard way to grow cannabis. Any other forms are measured based on performance to that really. Done correctly beats just about anything and takes no work during the grow. Just it takes 3 months to cook the soil...which is how long a grow lasts. So you just keep rolling it over like I explained.

Subcool is a famous grower and you can find tons of stuff on him. He developed a textbook recipe that is for a field that is like for 100 or more plants. Many have hacked it down to an indoor grow size. So on you tube you can find all these videos of people explaining how they do it smaller. Instead of one bag of this it is 1 cup of this type thing and mix it in a container not on huge tarps in a field with a rake for hours. Many people have tried improving on it as no one can let a good thing be. I recommend trying it in its purest form at least once. I add stuff I am not supposed to. :)

Take all your soil from this grow. Compost it down with the roots and leftover stems and yellow leaves. And throw in all the stuff and I even throw in earth worms and let them go to town. I had worms I bought at the fishing store last fall in my pile that I then transferred after 3 months in the pile into the pots with the plants and they are still kicking in there. At least the males I pulled a few weeks back had very happy worms still.

I was asked to show a cheapo method to grow without spending much money. So I set up this journal and choose that method. They are mid bloom but here is a summary post showing weekly pics and all watering showing that you need no "fertilizers".

VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

I make my tea and that is it. I only really pH'd water that was given Silica which shoots it off the chart. Otherwise straight tap water and my tea and sugars for the microbes.

All of those running on 1/3 recycled composted last grow soil and 2/3rds fresh.

Back
Top Bottom