Protest to End DEA Raids in Los Angeles!

Founder
JOIN US MONDAY, JANUARY 22 in LOS ANGELES!!!

Medical Marijuana Patients and advocates will be protesting at the Federal Building in Downtown Los Angeles!

COME SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!
We need your body in the street telling the DEA you will not stand down!

WHO: PATIENTS, PROVIDERS, AND ADVOCATES WHO WANT TO KEEP SAFE ACCESS IN LA!
WHAT: A DEMAND THE DEA RETURN OUR MEDICINE
WHERE: THE FEDERAL BUILDING; 255 E TEMPLE ST; DOWNTOWN LA
WHEN: JANUARY 22nd HIGH NOON

What can you do to keep Safe Access in LA?

1 - Bring yourself and all your friends to the rally on Monday.
2 - Tell all your friends and family how wrong it is that the DEA is cutting off access to needed medicine for sick and dying patients.
3 - Check the call-in campaign to find out to which elected officials you should voice your opposition.
https://www.safeaccessnow.org/downloads/Prevent_Federal_Attacks.pdf

WE, AND ONLY WE, HAVE THE POWER TO KEEP SAFE ACCESS IN LOS ANGELES!

For more info, contact: Chris Fusco - ASA LA County Field Coordinator at 323-464-7719
Americans for Safe Access

We thank you for your continued support of our mission to create Cannabis awareness to the world!

The Dark Environment Around will not stand down unless ordered to do so. These orders come from the superiors that have to answer to their superiors. The good news is the American people voted most of these people into offices that are governed by the laws that are initiated and voted upon by the American people. Good news also comes when the American people can initiate other new laws and vote. Sometimes the voting process takes many years if not decades.
The right to protest peacefully, with the proper permits for the right reasons, are one of the many reasons why the many people want to live in the USA. In certain other countries if one were to protest this, they may be hanged.
The raids in California are a direct result of a "Lack of Control" & "Going out of Control" mode from the Federal Governments view. California is the 1st major state that has taken a very direct approach in Medical Marijuana and the actually marketing & distribution of it. The fear that has been installed by the explosive movement of Medical Marijauna and its Distribution tactics to the DEA, has caused an effect of "Sudden Raid Syndrome".These actions were not conceived overnight by the DEA.But a well planned and executed project to coincide with another major push to squash the Medical Marijuana sales in California, and to convert to a Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana program. This action will further the income and revenue that Marijuana in all forms will produce for the United States of America.
We are in an era that in due time all Marijauna, Hemp, Oils, Clothes &
by-products of Marijuana can be produced, manufactured, regulated & taxed, all within the United States of America.
One can go further to say or ask, how many jobs Marijuana, and its by-products will produce?
Marijuana is and always has been a very financially sound business.
The time has arrived to Regulate and Tax Marijuana.

Well said!

:allgood: I agree with you...the feds hate to lose any control what so ever, especially when it comes to a state standing up for it's citizens
to have safe access to MMJ. Our state is a powerful body when roused awake...we need to continue to sound the alarm and get more Californian's to see that we are not law breaking felons!:smokin:
LAPD Chief Bratton is using the same "reefer madness" myths that we've tried to dispell about MJ being a "GATEWAY" drug...then he goes on to say that he didn't physically see anyone who resembled a patient...read the LA Times articles about this asshole's assertion that things are out of control...I liked him as a Chief until he narrowed his aim at my medical problems and my choice of treatment...everyone who can vote in LA/or/LA County need to find out where their representative stands on this issue...it was a city council jerk who spewed all sorts of exaggerations regarding the operation of these clinics, which led to Bratton, which opened the door wide open for the Feds.
If the people you voted for are in favor of this treatment and federal interference, then it is your responsibility to the entire cannabis community to vote out those ignorant"don't confuse me with facts"type of politicians. You can bet your ass I'm going to be all over these reps & officials until an unbiased study can demonstrate the fallecy of the drug war assertions regarding pot.

im not a patient, but stay the hell away from people who need marijuana to get through their daily lives without a problem. they stay away from the people who are on oxycodon that was prescribed... i don't think their is one person in the entire world that should be able to tell me that oxycodon is a safer than marijuana. marijuana wont make you steal to keep the habbit, it wont make you addicted, and it definately will not just make u in black out mode for days... gimme a break...if i lived in Cali I'd be at the protest with you all.

It is truly disgusting.. I am without my medical cannabis due to the raids of san diego and now im forced back onto pharm products.. 160mg of oxycotin is only thing that can keep my pain subtle... It tears my stomach apart... i dont understand.. why must we continue this pointless battle... why must we continue to suffer... when will we be free from this incompetant discrimination?

I will be at protest. I hope many of you will make it. We need to protect this in order for the rest.. please try and make it down, your prescense can make a difference...

NGH

Re: Well said!

ZedRULES said:
LAPD Chief Bratton is using the same "reefer madness" myths that we've tried to dispell about MJ

Thought some of you might enjoy this clip...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Re: Protest DEA Raids/thanks 4 the Clip!

:rofl: That little version of "Bratton's madness" was a beautiful respite from all the serious shit happening here...thanks bro:laughtwo:

Just a thought on the continued misrepresentation of MJ from our government and elected officials....is there anyway to bring a civil suit against them for false propoganda of MJ? When the Police Chief is blatently lying about something to citizens - how can that go unpunished??

stand up and fight the man. I have called everyone I know in LA county and there should be at least a few ppl there to get it started. Wish I could be there blazin and protestin with yall!

Today, ASA led a demonstration of more than 500 protesters who gathered
at the Federal Building in Downtown Los Angeles to protest the DEA's
assault on patients last week. As the people gathered in front of the
DEA's offices, scores of motorists and pedestrians voiced their own
support for Safe Access in Los Angeles. Holding signs and banners, the
crowd let the DEA know they are not welcome in this city. As patients
spoke to the enormous crowd to share their own outrage for the DEA's
actions, we dropped our empty pill bottles at the base of the base of the
building to show they had taken all our medicine.
Once we were done at the Federal Building, the crowd marched to City Hall
to thank the LA City Council and the Mayor for the support they have
shown patients so far. We also let them know that their words were nice,
but it is time for action. The demonstration at City Hall was so big it
was impossible to keep patients out of the streets, but because the LAPD
sensed our cooperation they let us peacefully assemble out front.
While we demonstrated in front of City Hall, a group of 30 patients and
advocates launched the LA ASA Heat Campaign. They went from door to door
to the offices of the LA City Council to deliver signed letters from
patients and voice support for regulated collectives in Los Angeles.
The large group attracted the attention of numerous local media so keep an
eye out for that. Thanks so much to all the patients in Los Angeles and
the providers who have helped keep Safe Access alive in LA. Be safe and
we will see you all at future demonstrations.

In solidarity,

Chris Fusco
ASA LA County Field Coordinator

Thanks for the report 420!!! I'm proud to be Californian today!!! I had to work, but I was there in spirit:tommy: Great job getting the word out...I went to work where it is taboo to talk of such things and just started laying the cards on the table...it is appearent that to fight this injustice we need to be bold...everyone knows somebody who uses MJ, but never really spoke publically about...I've been on medical leaves 4 times in 5 years and all the pills & shit thrown at me, my co-workers have seen my struggles and all whom I talked to were supportive when presented with the faqs concerning legitament medical benefits. KUDOS to all the people who where there and thanks again 420 for this forum...your actions and encouragement over this past week exemplifies the fidelity of cannabis users everywhere...we are a strong body and this helps to prove it!!!:allgood:

You guys are a motivation to us all. I want to point that out. This site has become a large motivation between my friends and myself setting up a chapter of NORML we are going to be applying for it as soon as we can get the organization recognized by the university and trust me that we will be setting up benefit concerts and hopefully get it to a pretty frequent thing to actually be able to raise money and help rock the vote in the midwest to help get some people into office that will out the idiots against marijuana for all uses, but especially Medical. Why mess with people that are already in so much pain. 160 mg of Oxy...I am sorry to hear your pain is that bad man. We need to get everybody involved and gain support throughout our local communities to help everybody else out.

Back
Top Bottom