pulling leaves to get more light

dirtman6969

how many leaves can i actually take off the plant without damaging the plant and when should i take them off? i just started the budding cycle.i know you shouldnt take the top portion of fan leaves but what else?:bongrip:

torco55 said:
why are you wanting to take off the fan leaves??????

:hmmmm:

none.... whats the reason for pulling any leaves, just let em all grow

Serpico said:
none.... whats the reason for pulling any leaves, just let em all grow

Unless their dead and brown then i wouldnt take any off.

^^ true

YOUR PLANT WILL NEED THE LEAVES TO FEED ON WHEN IT GOES INTO BUD..
PULLING THE LEAVES OFF YOUR PLANTS IS LIKE PULLING THE LEGS OFF YOUR DOG.. ( OH.. SORRY)
P.J. OUT:sasmokin:

I have been known to cut the fanleaves in half that is covering a bud site but I leave alone as much as possible during the flowering stage.

Contrary to common belief, imo light does NOT have to fall directly upon the buds. Everything green on the plant processes light, and as buds develop they have less and less green material.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't spread and tie braches down, since doing it exposes more leaves to light.
If you want the light to fall directly on the buds you can re-arrange light-blocking leaves with twist-ties.

dont fuck wit the leaves at all let it grow if the leaves r yellow and diein let em die they will fall off on there own if u do pull it off it will stunt growth not for no 2 weaks thow just 2 days but thats still 2 days plant need to grow leave the leaves the fuck alone sorry 4 comin across a lil harsh

ive noticed with the ganja and other wild weeds that they will grow more leaves around seed production site, the only reason i think of is to get more food and energy to the seeds since it has to travel less distance. the fan leaves will stay on about half the way into flowering as the plant will still use those to grow larger overall, not just buds. the plant will know when it wants to drop the fan leaves.
grow it big, grow it dank

i remember i had all my fan leaves tooken off during flowering time and it took away like 2 week of prep time so i do understand what happens just wanted to have a say in this bye

Dont pull off any of your fan leaves.They take in water from the roots your buds feed from your fan leaves.. so taking them off isnt gonna help them to grow better. i only take ones off that are dieing and most of the time i let them fall off.

Back
Top Bottom