Pulling out of veg for deficiency fix

Hayron1088

Ok this may sound strange but, well I’m strange so here it goes. I have a 2x4x5 ten that comfortably fits three girls in it. I noticed that my Zkittlez has what I think is a Nitrogen deficiency but that’s not why I’m here. I have a vegging area with clones and the Zkittlez mother. Problem is my tent has been in Veg for 7 days and my veg area is obviously not that light schedule. Can I pull out my Zkittlez from the tent and put it in the veg area so I can focus on fixing it and while doing so put the healthy mother Zkittlez in the tent? I’m worried that flipping to flower 7 days ago may affect it putting it back to veg. Any pointers would be great.

Do you mean your tent has been in flower for 7 days? Why not try and fix the issue while it's still in the early stretch phase? It can be done before the pistils and Buds actually start forming. Plus, soon you will ease up on the nitrogen anyway and gradually switch to bloom nutes.

It might help if you post a photo of your plant so we can help diagnose the problem for you.

I get what you mean but the Zkittles I have in the veg area is the same size as the other two in the tent. I’m in no hurry to push them thru so I figured I would let my wife fix her deficiency all the while still having the strain in flower in the tent. Make sense? I knows it’s strange but I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. I’ll take a pic when I get home.

C3EC67AC-E2DE-4B49-890C-01982EEADF3A.jpeg

This is what I’m experiencing. I just gave it dr. Earth nutes 9 days ago(flower girl)bloom nutrients. I have never had this problem but I would guess it’s N deficiency

Hi Hayron - that's not N deficiency, in fact some of the leaves are clawing, probably an excess if anything
Edges of leaves usually points to Ca, Mg, Zinc, Molybdenum, Manganese though P + K are a possibility too
If it's not overwatering or pH drift, a dose of CaMg with a balanced tonic (seaweed, humic acid, micros) will probably help green her up again

there's all sorts happening there
i agree there's an n claw but i also think it's got a pk ask happening at the same time. there's some early flower potassium want. stuff is a bit out of balance.

Ok this may sound strange but, well I’m strange so here it goes. I have a 2x4x5 ten that comfortably fits three girls in it. I noticed that my Zkittlez has what I think is a Nitrogen deficiency but that’s not why I’m here. I have a vegging area with clones and the Zkittlez mother. Problem is my tent has been in Veg for 7 days and my veg area is obviously not that light schedule. Can I pull out my Zkittlez from the tent and put it in the veg area so I can focus on fixing it and while doing so put the healthy mother Zkittlez in the tent? I’m worried that flipping to flower 7 days ago may affect it putting it back to veg. Any pointers would be great.

confusing post is confusing

if you have flipped the schedule on a plant you can reverse it before it busts into pistils with out too much hassle. once it's turned though it will reveg, or try to, and that will add time and troubles.

those look a fair bit in. at this point it might be best to try and correct the nute issue while continuing flower. i've ridden some marginal stuff to great harvests, it took correction, and it wasn't pretty, but it got there in the end.

I’m tryin as this is my fourth time growing and I just watered with molasses/cal mag. Also, I’m growing with Dr. Earth dry amendments and I have followed the schedule they sent me. Water ph is between 5.8-6.5 after adding cal mag. I also aerated the water regardless what I add to it. I know this process is all trial and error and this is just my first “bump” in the road so I’m not to worried. I appreciate all the help and I hope adding the nutes which I heard takes over a week before you will see results from adding them. Is that false also? Again, thank you for all the help, I’ll give them a couple days then take another pic of progress. The clawing I noticed about two weeks ago which I thought was odd bc all three plants have the same medium, nutes, etc just different strains. If you need more info please ask

Hi Hayron - that's not N deficiency, in fact some of the leaves are clawing, probably an excess if anything
Edges of leaves usually points to Ca, Mg, Zinc, Molybdenum, Manganese though P + K are a possibility too
If it's not overwatering or pH drift, a dose of CaMg with a balanced tonic (seaweed, humic acid, micros) will probably help green her up again
So you say excess, I have followed the Dr. Earth schedule to the T so what could have happened? What can I do differently next time? I know that’s kind of a loaded question but I’m brand new to this so all info given is written down in my journal and I learn from it daily. I’m sorry for being so confusing also, I’m a disabled vet and have health issues that make me the way I am so my sincere apologies. Thank you all for the help, can’t thank you enough :thumb:

we might need a little more info in order to help
have a read through this and get back to us.

i'd need a look at that nute line.

so i had a look at that dr earth and it isn't a cannabis nute line. are you using just the nutes, or their soils as well ?

i would recommend a nute line balanced for cannabis. it's hard to advise on a nute line not suited for the application.

so i had a look at that dr earth and it isn't a cannabis nute line. are you using just the nutes, or their soils as well ?

i would recommend a nute line balanced for cannabis. it's hard to advise on a nute line not suited for the application.
I’m using Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 25% more perlite added. The dr earth company has a chart specific for cannabis.

Feeding-Schedule-2.jpg

Feeding-Schedule-3.jpg

The only thing that I have added would be around week 3-4 of veg was worm castings but that was many weeks ago and I only put maybe 1 cup into each plant. I want to stay as organic as possible so if anyone has a lineup that I can switch to then awesome. My past couple grows have been with dr earth and my yields were pretty good considering how little my plants were and as new as I am to gardening. It’s killing my OCD that I went wrong somewhere and I can’t pinpoint what I did wrong :lot-o-toke:

I guess I need to sit down and really do some research on what organic nute line to use being as you say that it is not meant for cannabis. Thank you for the info, any additional help to make my grow go smoother is very much appreciated, I know I have a lot to learn and mistakes will be made!

I’m using Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 25% more perlite added. The dr earth company has a chart specific for cannabis.

1629138670846.png

1629138625596.png

The only thing that I have added would be around week 3-4 of veg was worm castings but that was many weeks ago and I only put maybe 1 cup into each plant. I want to stay as organic as possible so if anyone has a lineup that I can switch to then awesome. My past couple grows have been with dr earth and my yields were pretty good considering how little my plants were and as new as I am to gardening. It’s killing my OCD that I went wrong somewhere and I can’t pinpoint what I did wrong :lot-o-toke:

I guess I need to sit down and really do some research on what organic nute line to use being as you say that it is not meant for cannabis. Thank you for the info, any additional help to make my grow go smoother is very much appreciated, I know I have a lot to learn and mistakes will be made!
In my opinion, if you want an easy, reliable grow use coco with nutes designed for coco
No watering problems, no nute problems, no deficiencies - you are in total control
Organics are good in coco too, and generally don't need to be pH adjusted
Get it right and you will forget all about where you went wrong before
And yes, OCD is a bugger isn't it...

fox farm has nutes added and is part of a complete system. you've carved it out and are using it with another nute line. lots of growers use fox farm this way, but it pays to have experience growing with their stuff alone, to get a feel for how it works.

you've also gone and amended the soil so it will be hard to tell exactly where you are at with it.

the dr earth has a dry nute system and a bottle system. not sure which you are using. seems implied they want you to use their soils with both, which could make a difference.

the approach to use looks much like the fox farm. i would look at a few of those journals.

i note the cannabis schedule dr earth has doesn't use any products labelled for cannabis specific either. they have adapted their nute line and just included cannabis in the same breathe as tomatoes etc. they are trying to hit as many markets as possible. a proper cannabis nute would be what i recommend.

the read on the plants look like they are getting too much nitrogen and are lacking potassium now that they've hit flower.

the dr earth bottle nute chart has you dropping some n by now and increasing pk. the dry chart looks like it leaves a pile in. i'd use the bottle nutes.

Back
Top Bottom