Purple Clones!

dude you're awesome.

:thanks:

another question if u know :p
About how hot will this thing get? ( its in my room so it's an issue)

Yo Canolove. Whatup dude, I have that 150 sun system. It works great in little cabs and closets. I used it on a 12/12 grow with help from cfls, check out the nugs...
01356 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

As long as you have proper ventilation, your good. My closet stays at 86, which is only five degrees hotter than in my house. Thats with the 150w hps, 4 42w, and 4 23w cfls.

Hope that helps... Good luck man. :peace:

actually you helped me a lot :grinjoint:

Doctor dread, would you suggest me getting the sunsystem over the HPS or the other way around?

oh yeah :D

i was a lil medicated when i posted that haha

Pictures will hopefully be up soon depending on when i get my camera back

i want to thank all of you guys/girls who have been reply, you dont know how much help you have been! (or maybe you do know?!)

Also, has anyone ever bought anything off of the website bestgrowlights.com? i hope it's trusted

1 more thing :)
Will I need a box for my HPS like this HPS in the following link?:https://www.storesonline.com/site/403863/product/FBGL90126

Will I need a box for my HPS like this HPS in the following link?:https://www.storesonline.com/site/403863/product/FBGL90126

Nah man, the 150w comes with the ballast enclosed in the reflector directly behind the lamp socket. That 1000w has a remote ballast, which means the ballast and reflector/bulb are separate.

I just got a 400w HPS, but the 150w worked wonders when I used it along with the CFLs. The only drawback is that the ballast is enclosed in the hood. This makes for alot of heat right on your plants. However, with proper ventilation this is not an issue.

It is important to understand that the 150w Sunsystem only puts out around 16K Lumens, so your gonna need to have it pretty close to the plants if you want to make the most of it. It only covers about a 2'x2' space effectivly. To do so it needs to be 12''-20'' from the tops of the plants. Like I said the ventilation is key when using HID lamps, especially when running an enclosed ballast system, such as the Sun System 150w HPS.

Good luck man! :peace:

Thank you very much doctor!
If i have a fan directed on the lamp like 12 on 12 off would that be good venting? (onduring the day when its hottest, off during the night) How hot did your HPs 150w get compared to cfls?:thanks:

The 150 was hotter than the cfls. It still wasn't all that hot though. I used them both. The 150 was about 12'' from the tops, and the cfls provided side lighting and were about 2'' from the plants. With a fan on them constantly, it was about 82 degrees if I remember correctly. I would suggest turning on your lights at night man, it helps keep things much more cool.

Be easy. :peace:

The 150 was hotter than the cfls. It still wasn't all that hot though. I used them both. The 150 was about 12'' from the tops, and the cfls provided side lighting and were about 2'' from the plants. With a fan on them constantly, it was about 82 degrees if I remember correctly. I would suggest turning on your lights at night man, it helps keep things much more cool.

Be easy. :peace:

Okay thanks man,
in that last sentence did you mean you suggest turning on my fans at night? because i would always have my lights on until i go to flowering for 12/12.

BTW how do I know they are ready to flower?
Pics will be up soon im getting the camera today! (ive been lazy with LST lately so no tie downs)

also those buds from your lights look sooooo white man hopefully you enjoyed those :Rasta:

Well what do these look like to you? if you can determine, should i start flowering soon? (Shitty Camera)
I might have miss named the pictures because i kinda lost track of which plant is which :grinjoint:
Here goes:
S4010479.JPG

S4010478.JPG

S4010476.JPG

S4010475.JPG

S4010474.JPG

S4010473.JPG

S4010472.JPG

S4010471.JPG

As you can see i got lazy with LST :D

ENJOY!!!!!Comments on when i should go into flowering needed!!

Ya man you can go into flowering whenever you want. The plants will just get bigger if you wait. Remember that the plants will double and can easily triple in size in flowering stage. Just letting you know what is to come. Once you switch the lights to 12/12 your plants will show sex in about 10 days.

I'm really sorry for no updates lately, i had no computer or camera to use D:

Pictures will come soon (waiting for camera atm)
But, i was going to come to you guys for some advice. I found two lights online that i'm interested in, but I have two restrictions, electricity use and heat. These are the two lights : Sun Blaze T5 High Output Flourescent Grow Light Sun System HPS 150 Grow Light Fixture w/ Bulb

I have no knowledge towards lights other than CFL's so im going to need 420mags help!
If anyone could look at both the links and tell me which light would be better for flowering under my restrictions (heat, electrical usage)

I bought a couple of these for my grow cabinet.

$59 105 WATT CFL GRO FIXTURE WHICH INCLUDES 105W CFL BULB 5000K COLOR

Tough to beat at $59/ea for 105W CFL (400W equivalents) with high quality reflector.

JC

Nice Dude! Your trees are ready my friend. I'd make the switch... They are gonna be nice and big by the time harvest comes. :grinjoint:

Okay thanks man,
in that last sentence did you mean you suggest turning on my fans at night? because i would always have my lights on until i go to flowering for 12/12.
I meant when you are flowering. Having the lights on at night will really help with the heat, depending on where you live of course.
also those buds from your lights look sooooo white man hopefully you enjoyed those :Rasta:
Thanks man, they were the best smoke I've ever grown! :smokin:

I bought a couple of these for my grow cabinet.

$59 105 WATT CFL GRO FIXTURE WHICH INCLUDES 105W CFL BULB 5000K COLOR

Tough to beat at $59/ea for 105W CFL (400W equivalents) with high quality reflector.

JC

Those look like they would be good to veg with. However, your going to want to shoot for something with more of a red spectrum for flowering. The 150w Sunsystem is $79.99 at my local hydro store. $59's a good deal, but the HPS is a much better light for flowering. It's $20-30 more, but you get double the lumen output of those cfls and the correct spectrum...

I honestly think having both would work great. I found that when using the 150w, supplemental cfl lighting helped side growth immensely. The 150w is a great starter light, but the intensity is lacking. The tops of your plants will be well-lit, but as you get 2'-3' from the light, the intensity is just not there like it is up top. Cfl's help greatly. You can place them practlcally on the plants without burning them. This is the only reason the side buds turned out so well on my 12/12 grow.

Just my two cents take it or leave it. Regardless of what light you choose, I will be watching your grow with interest CanoLove. The clones look great! :ganjamon:

Great to here you will be around doctor! thanks everyone else for the links and helpful information!
I'm still waiting for my light... kinda skeptical now because i checked paypal order today to see what they said would cost me 69 dollars is on there for 95.. so that's odd. I hope i get my light :cheer:
well ill get you guys updated
:thanks:

I called the company about the light and they said the extra charge was for shipping (it said free shipping) but what ever =(
the lady said she ran outta lights and her new shipment is coming in on Monday, so i will get my order by Wednesday '

thought id let you all know :D

By the way, when i go into flowering, which is going to be when i get the light, its just going to be three plants sitting in a closet. This might be kinda stinky (i dont mind, but a school nearby might) any suggestions? No doors on the closet by the way just covered by curtains

Odor is getting stronger by the day! I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS IMPORTANT please if anyone can answer my question above that would help me out so much.:thanks::thanks::thanks:

I just posted this in my journal.
Attention all you budget growers!
I just picked up a knockoff of the ONA Block at Home Depot. It's $4 and works amazingly! I can't believe it, and I wish I had heard of this stuff sooner. I'm kicking myself for wasting the money on all the carbon filter crap. Not that carbon filters are crap, they're great for big expensive grows where you do have to take serious measures to control the smell. But for small grows like mine this thing got rid of all the plant sent throughout my closet and room in... god it was probably a single minute. This will definitely come in handy during harvest to! My room just smells like it was cleaned!
I can't believe controlling the odor would be as easy as this. And even if it only lasts a month I can just buy another for $4. It says it lasts for 90 days, that'll be great if it does. Attention mods, I think there should be a small thread in the FAQ, Everything You Need To Know About Growing Marijuana thread regarding using this as odor control for small grows. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, I just wish I would have known about this earlier.. and reading that thread was the first resource I went to.
DSC01295.JPG

I totally recommend it. It says it works up to 400 sq ft. That's a 20'x20' room & I believe it.
Here's the product website Page Not Found | Gonzo Natural Magic
Home Depot only had the scented varieties, but on their website you can get a "neutral" sent which I would assume is an unscented version. [btw, the website has them for $5, I got mine for $4]

Back
Top Bottom