Purple Clones!

CanoLove

Hi. this is going to be a grow journal on #1 Purple Erkle #2 Grape Ape #3 Grape Romulan. I have them in three separate 2.5 black buckets with wholes and slices on the bottoms for water to go through.
I'm using FFOF soil(50%ish)+Coco(25%ish)+Perlite(25%ish)
6 26 wat cfls
2 computer fans
heat blankets on the walls
distilled water (100 ml a day)

Sorry for no updates, I've been going on 420mag from other places than my house enjoying summer, so an update wasn't possible. my camera is charging now because I can click on the image button now

Also, forgot to add I'm doing LST on all three clones.

Sorry for the absence i was on vacation out of state.
Updates: 1 new light in the middle. 4 fans! 3 intake 1 exhaust, +2 holes at the top for any extra heat to escape

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setup:
S4010469.JPG

Grape Romulan:
S4010468.JPG

Grape Romulan2:
S4010467.JPG

Grape Romulan3:
S4010466.JPG

Grape Ape:
S4010465.JPG

Grape Ape2:
S4010464.JPG

Grape Ape3:
S4010463.JPG

Purple Urkle:
S4010462.JPG

Purple Urkle2:
S4010461.JPG

Purple Urkle3:
S4010460.JPG

sorry for the confusion when looking at the plants, they are going thru some intense lst

As for watering I havent add nutrients yet, wanted to get opinions, I'm at 150 ml a day for each plant.
I am wondering if I should get LED lights for flowering, if so, I have no experience with those lights, any help? How many watts? How much money do you thnk?

thanks

How much is a light dose?

I'm pretty sure i've seen some plants on here that have been flowered under LED's and they look a lot better than CFL flowering, but i could be wrong.

Ms. Fox is right your best bang for your buck is still in HID. There's a video floating around in which a person did a side by side grow. 1 side with a 45 watt led panel ( they said was equivalent to a 400watt HID), and 1 side with a 400 watt switchable HID. I believe the HID harvested about 4 times the amount. You do get less heat with them though I will say that, but there are ways to keep your heat down so pshh.

great start, thanks for sharing! :thanks:

LED's are not advanced enough in technology to use for flowering.

oooh I hope your wrong... :grinjoint:
I too am not yet sold on the whole LED grow idea, but bridgelux is certainly off to a good start!
IMHO, those 45watt panels, or even the 90watt UFO's are good for micro cabinets close range only.
In their defense, they last forever and a day with very little heat, but with the good panels (300+watts) costing a couple G's, well... let's just say I could pick up quite a few HID bulbs and pay for quite a bit of power with that kind of money.

looking forward to seeing your progress sir. Keep it up! :nicethread:

Great to see everyone enjoyin the grow like me, i am iffy at the moment about using nutes because they already look awesome. Plus Purple Urkle is starting to smell goooood ;0

great start, thanks for sharing! :thanks:

oooh I hope your wrong... :grinjoint:
I too am not yet sold on the whole LED grow idea, but bridgelux is certainly off to a good start!
IMHO, those 45watt panels, or even the 90watt UFO's are good for micro cabinets close range only.
In their defense, they last forever and a day with very little heat, but with the good panels (300+watts) costing a couple G's, well... let's just say I could pick up quite a few HID bulbs and pay for quite a bit of power with that kind of money.

looking forward to seeing your progress sir. Keep it up! :nicethread:

Go to craigslist.org and look around for LED lights, I found some great prices, nowhere close to 1grand. hope that helps

Ms. Fox is right your best bang for your buck is still in HID. There's a video floating around in which a person did a side by side grow. 1 side with a 45 watt led panel ( they said was equivalent to a 400watt HID), and 1 side with a 400 watt switchable HID. I believe the HID harvested about 4 times the amount. You do get less heat with them though I will say that, but there are ways to keep your heat down so pshh.

You seem to know what you're talking about with HID lights, i don't. I also need some information on keepin the heat down if I do go HID for flowering. Thanks for the post deadtour

I'm really sorry for no updates lately, i had no computer or camera to use D:

Pictures will come soon (waiting for camera atm)
But, i was going to come to you guys for some advice. I found two lights online that i'm interested in, but I have two restrictions, electricity use and heat. These are the two lights : Sun Blaze T5 High Output Flourescent Grow Light Sun System HPS 150 Grow Light Fixture w/ Bulb

I have no knowledge towards lights other than CFL's so im going to need 420mags help!
If anyone could look at both the links and tell me which light would be better for flowering under my restrictions (heat, electrical usage)

hey man. The HPS 150 watt will give you the most bang for your buck without a doubt. It will produce heat, but not copious amounts like higher wattage HID lights. As long as your ventilation is decent you should be able to handle it. Plus it uses the same amount of electricity as your current setup so no problemo correct?

Simple, your 6 CFL's use 26 watts each, 6 x 26 = 156
So your current setup uses 156 watts for lighting & the HPS 150 uses 150 watts. Well it truly uses 165 watts. The extra 15 are used by the ballast to power the bulb and the energy is given off as heat. Remember, no power supply is perfectly efficient. For instance with computers the best power supplies you can buy are around 90% efficient. That means that it put's out 90% of the energy that is put into it.

Thanks!
But, i'm still not understanding something, am I going to need power supplies to run the HPS after I purchase it? or does it come with just a cord you plug into a wall?

also about how many plants are able to be grown under 1 150 watt HPS shown in the link on the first page, if anyone knows that it would help me A lot
:thanks::surf:

The Sunsystem 150 HPS comes with the reflector, the bulb and a built in ballast. You just plug it in and flip the switch. A 150 watt light will cover 4 square feet, so 4 plants or 1 really really big one.

Back
Top Bottom