Purple Pics

I think the 8 quarts will do, also want to be sure about bokashi. I don’t have a composter/ machine but the grains are all I need? CL🍀
Yes you can get this from zon, will last a long time for 15 bucks.

Screenshot_20221208-052527_Chrome.jpg

:thumb: :ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Perlite I’m looking at is 8 quarts a bag, how much do you think I need for 2-3 5 gallon grow bags? Thanks CL🍀
I keep missing messages sorry.
I’m bad at math so forgive me but a quart -
1 - 1/2 quarts are good for a 5 gal bag.

#VIVOSUN#Love What You Grow

Hey Buddy. :thanks:
Love the new Icon pic.:thumb:
I have a bobble head of myself I was going to use but I chickened out.:rofl:
Take care.

Thanks Bill ! I have to represent Franco from GHS. One of my idols in the industry.
Think he passed couple years back.

Took it easier today didn't start till noon when the sun was shining.
How's the missus doing Amigo?
Covid is rough.

She is in bed trying to sleep. I just went for a walk I cannot sleep been up for 2 days now I get a nap in but no real sleep. I can't wait till this passes. I am hot than cold can't regulate my body temp.

She is in bed trying to sleep. I just went for a walk I cannot sleep been up for 2 days now I get a nap in but no real sleep. I can't wait till this passes. I am hot than cold can't regulate my body temp.
Hope your feeling better Keith, Tylenol and Gatorade to keep hydrated. CL🍀

Hiya Bill, another photo for ya!

Build is underway. I actually envy the use of wood and doing it myself (a bit!) but have to work my real job.

Fun day. My partner said “just go out and work somewhere else today” I snuck home and some real progress made BUT! 🤣 “I move a little bit smaller for the door open all the way” 😅
- Sir, the door is being changed to open outwards so no need, I cannot fit my equipment inside if its like that
I put tape marks on the floor and everything 😆

Anyway they are rectifying. It looks terrifyingly huge!

I can’t find that bokashi on zon. Idk? CL🍀
Ok as long as they have Bokashi doesn't matter the brand name.
Good morning. :ciao:

Hiya Bill, another photo for ya!

Build is underway. I actually envy the use of wood and doing it myself (a bit!) but have to work my real job.

Fun day. My partner said “just go out and work somewhere else today” I snuck home and some real progress made BUT! 🤣 “I move a little bit smaller for the door open all the way” 😅
- Sir, the door is being changed to open outwards so no need, I cannot fit my equipment inside if its like that
I put tape marks on the floor and everything 😆

Anyway they are rectifying. It looks terrifyingly huge!

Are those the official work boots there?:rofl:
I thought crocks were bad.
Flip-flops are work place approved right.
Is the frame finished now?
What goes on the sides?

Are those the official work boots there?:rofl:
I thought crocks were bad.
Flip-flops are work place approved right.
Is the frame finished now?
What goes on the sides?

They weld with $2 sunglasses here. I bought my wife’s brother in law a proper mask and he still used the “Ray Bam” sunglasses

The ply is nearly on the 3 outer sides. Gypsum/drywall inside that and then coated with Mylar - as are the three existing walls. The roof is steel with a layer of reflective fireproof insulation on the underside.

I have carbon blackout film for the windows to go on.

I think in a hour or two they’re gonna say done for the day which is fine. The sparky is coming just after that to move the electrical sockets back above and mount the light controllers on the wall. Keeps the heat down inside having them out there.

When its all settled I want to get the lights on 3 pulley cables that I can set height uniformly from outside more easily - its a pain adjusting 2x rachets per light. There’s a good few yacht chandlers round here I think will have what I want.

I think I’ve gone slightly mad! This little toe in the water into growing has been more than I expected. But huge fun!

What's that about?

That user is new - they quoted my post from 10 days back but edited it with a link to some e-scooter and then copy and pasted @Bill284’s story about crashing his truck years back to make it look legit. (Reported it already)

Just a spammer trying to get links to their product

They weld with $2 sunglasses here. I bought my wife’s brother in law a proper mask and he still used the “Ray Bam” sunglasses

The ply is nearly on the 3 outer sides. Gypsum/drywall inside that and then coated with Mylar - as are the three existing walls. The roof is steel with a layer of reflective fireproof insulation on the underside.

I have carbon blackout film for the windows to go on.

I think in a hour or two they’re gonna say done for the day which is fine. The sparky is coming just after that to move the electrical sockets back above and mount the light controllers on the wall. Keeps the heat down inside having them out there.

When its all settled I want to get the lights on 3 pulley cables that I can set height uniformly from outside more easily - its a pain adjusting 2x rachets per light. There’s a good few yacht chandlers round here I think will have what I want.

I think I’ve gone slightly mad! This little toe in the water into growing has been more than I expected. But huge fun!
Toe in the water. :rofl:
I came home with a bag of promix and a few seeds and declared I'm going to grow pot.:rofl:
Oh and a 1000 w HPS. :rolleyes:
Fast forward a year and I've got 5 rooms all new LED's and 55 girls going. :rolleyes:
To say I became addicted to growing right away is an understatement.
I didn't even smoke at the time, just loved doing it.
And learning.
I had no instructions or source of info at the time.
Self taught, till I found 420.

RayBams. :thumb::laugh::laugh:
Make sure sparky doesn't cut corners.
He hard wiring in smoke detectors?
It's going to be - 20 today, should be fun.
I'll,be inside any way.
I have to insulate the wall with doors, oops forgot.
Might use that bubble foil, I'm out of Roxul.
I'll figure something out.
Keep the pics coming Amigo.

Toe in the water. :rofl:
I came home with a bag of promix and a few seeds and declared I'm going to grow pot.:rofl:
Oh and a 1000 w HPS. :rolleyes:
Fast forward a year and I've got 5 rooms all new LED's and 55 girls going. :rolleyes:
To say I became addicted to growing right away is an understatement.
I didn't even smoke at the time, just loved doing it.
And learning.
I had no instructions or source of info at the time.
Self taught, till I found 420.

RayBams. :thumb::laugh::laugh:
Make sure sparky doesn't cut corners.
He hard wiring in smoke detectors?
It's going to be - 20 today, should be fun.
I'll,be inside any way.
I have to insulate the wall with doors, oops forgot.
Might use that bubble foil, I'm out of Roxul.
I'll figure something out.
Keep the pics coming Amigo.

Not sure on smoke detectors - have two, one in one out the room. Batteries reassure me incase something happens as a result of a power failure blip we get from time to time. Battery that came with one (cheap rubbish) failed last week and didn’t it let us know! We have battery recharge spotlights in case of power failure which is building code here up and down.

-20! Doesn’t matter C’s or F’s I’m wtf!

Yeah its super addictive. Not had a hobby apart from work (thats 365 a year so not really a hobby!) for a good few years and this is the best.

They said they reckon they’ll finish bar the painting finishing tonight. We’ll see. The sparky cried off but said he’ll come in the morning which actually works out better. They can snag together.

My first orange on the Brucies! So proud!

Not sure on smoke detectors - have two, one in one out the room. Batteries reassure me incase something happens as a result of a power failure blip we get from time to time. Battery that came with one (cheap rubbish) failed last week and didn’t it let us know! We have battery recharge spotlights in case of power failure which is building code here up and down.

-20! Doesn’t matter C’s or F’s I’m wtf!

Yeah its super addictive. Not had a hobby apart from work (thats 365 a year so not really a hobby!) for a good few years and this is the best.

They said they reckon they’ll finish bar the painting finishing tonight. We’ll see. The sparky cried off but said he’ll come in the morning which actually works out better. They can snag together.

My first orange on the Brucies! So proud!

I've got a hard wired smoke/02 detector with 9v battery backup.
I'll put one in the VIVOHUT aswell.
Probably get those exploding fire extinguisher balls aswell.
I have to phone the insurance company and give them a heads up aswell.
Before I pop seeds.
I want to make sure everything is documented properly this time.
Insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying for something.
I've got close to 10 G's in material alone into it.
Crazy just to grow.
Water pump went in my Durango.
I've got no wheels but I've got a grow facility. :rofl:
And a greenhouse.
Priorities, hehe

Yeah we had a roof leak a few months back. They just lied. The adjuster kept agreeing with us and two roofing contractors it was a roof leak and then sent report after report saying the water came sideways through the wall. 😆 They paid out 80% the max which was 40% the actual repair cost after 4 months or something. I don’t need to tell them about this stuff but changing insurers anyway (not even halfway through the year - no refund) so going to make sure the new people actually inspect the property before writing the policy. Don’t mind paying more for a proper service.

Yeah we had a roof leak a few months back. They just lied. The adjuster kept agreeing with us and two roofing contractors it was a roof leak and then sent report after report saying the water came sideways through the wall. 😆 They paid out 80% the max which was 40% the actual repair cost after 4 months or something. I don’t need to tell them about this stuff but changing insurers anyway (not even halfway through the year - no refund) so going to make sure the new people actually inspect the property before writing the policy. Don’t mind paying more for a proper service.
They charge a fortune here.
And after getting canceled because of the fire it was a nightmare.
You can't get a mortgage without insurance.
And you can't get insurance if your policy has been canceled.
Just shoot me. :rofl:
I ended loosing $30.000.00 just in the sale of the house alone, because of insurance issues.
Then they threw all my stuff away, smoke and water damage.
Then gave us F.A. to replace it.
I'm still not sure what I actually still own.
So when we went to buy the house every insurance company said No.
It was hell absolute hell.
Meanwhile I was living in some dump motel beside the Taco Bell without a hope in hell.
Stacey was up north already working for 2 months, living in a basement.
I had to do some let's say interesting stick handling to get insurance.
When Stacey found out she made me call them and rectify the error. :rolleyes:
But they didn't cancel just charged more.
So we got insurance and got the house.
Thankfully.
We were apart over 3 months by the end.
So I'll never set a light up inside every again.
And hopefully I made a difference to a few members grows that made them safer.
I had a home heating oil spill once.
Talk about insurance nightmares.
That's another story.

Your safety post should be required reading. I read about people elsewhere online really, “yeah grow in a cupboard” crazy. Know people’s homes differ especially you live in a city but still…

Anyway - Bill you look like you have a sweeeet spot next to a river so glad it looks likes it worked out after all the pain 👍🏼

Ok we’re 95% there on the build! Some things like applying the blackout film on the windows, smartening up the outside and a bit of light blocking. Plus electrics but that should all be done tomorrow. Its a bit hard to get this stuff in perspective (both literally and in my head!) There is a second door out of shot and a special spot for my Co2 cylinder behind the door. Just need to do the compound justice with what I grow in there, no excuses allowed now!

But here you go:

Back
Top Bottom