Purple Widow - easy easy to grow!

I know this is an old thread, but I finally got some Purple Widow budshots for ya'll.. This little girl is a clone put right into 12/12 as soon as she got roots. (at about 4" tall LOL) She stretched into a 12 inch tall bud-stick.. lol

Beginning week 6 flowering..
pw1.jpg

pw3.jpg

pw2.jpg

MC

Why are the buds so small, I know a guy who grows that strain and his buds are 12 inches long. He grew his indoors too and turned it into a a big circle.
I wish I could show you some pics but he freaked for suggesting I take a pic.

Thankee Sir! Purple Widow is by far the easiest strain I ever tried to grow. Can't seem to over-fert, over-water, etc. They gobbled up a feeding that seriously burned all of my other plants + all of the run-off from the other pots.. not even a burned tip..

They do get tall. I grew mom from seed - vegged for only 26 days. In flower she stretched to almost 5 feet tall in the first 2 weeks of 12/12.

MC

Urdedpal - I think these are small because of the lack of veg time. How far into flower is your friend's grow? Does he know how long they need to go indoor? (I have no clue myself and would love some info!)

These clippings were really really tiny when they went into 12/12. Now they look like one of the side branches off a big flowering plant clipped off and stuck in the dirt. LOL

My friend has got the 2 mother plants in flower now under 1000w HPS, and they are HUGE. Like giant christmas trees. But he won't let me take pics of his grow either.

MC

My friend bends his down right after rooting and at 12 to 14 inches he goes into 12/12. That might be the problem, They weren't completly rooted.
But I asked about your lights because of the fluffyness of your buds.
Asking these questions and listening to your answers I learn first hand experience thru your grow.

1000w Sun System VII Super Spectrum Dual Bulb MH/HPS. I've got those Eye Hortilux enhanced spectrum bulbs for both MH & HPS. Plants seem to love it...

MC

Thats a nice light dude.If I didn't have so many lights already, I would definately get those. They are suppose to be the best.

Urdedpal, what I've learned from you has already helped me out of many many jams.. you da' man as far as I'm concerned. :adore:

You're prob. dead on with the rooting thing. I took 10 cuttings, and just ran out of room for everything and had to put them right into 12/12. My friend ended up with 3 or 4 of them, I've got 2 outdoors (1 of them is like 2 feet tall now and hasn't even started to flower yet. It's gonna be a monster if it ever finishes) The rest are squeezed around the edges of my room.

They are just starting their 6th week of 12/12. The buds are about 1.5" in diameter, but go down almost the entire length of the stalk (approx 10" of bud).

Few more questions for ya...
How many weeks do you think they'll need to go indoors?
What kind of yield does your friend get off his plants?
Do they keep turning purple?
Any idea how it smokes?

I'm dyin' to try some... I've never smoked purple pot before.

Thanks Again!
MC

Urdedpal said:
Thats a nice light dude.If I didn't have so many lights already, I would definately get those. They are suppose to be the best.

Thanks man. The plants are puttin' on trichromes faster than the buds, so I'm guessing it's workin' alright. LOL

Gotta love EBAY - $227 used. The dude I got it from was really really cool. I wish him good weed karma forever. He threw in bulbs + 265cfm Hydrofarm Squirrel cage fan + all the vent hoses + cooling attachments for the reflector - for free. (I got new bulbs anyway since I had no idea how old they were)

It's pretty cool - if you look down at the floor outside the room you can see both spectrums split into seperate red and blue.

MC

WoWeeeeeeeeee.........................its growing fast! You dont know if its a male or female? Wish you luck if's its a female!.............Mine got alittle taller then that, I thought it was a male, the next day I was gonna kill it but noticed little buds starting to form! Jumped in joy! Now she a beauty! I have pics in my album...........I dont know how to post them? ooooo, well but dont wanna transplant them too many times, I've found out the hard way!................you said you got the seeds shipped pretty fast from overseas? I might just have to order some, different strains?...............what do u suggest?

:Rasta:

:passitleft:puff, puff, hit the floor coughin

Very nice. You should open a grow journal and post there like regularly, or have someone move this there, since it's practically one.

Thanks fallen, but it's hardly worth a journal for one little 12" bud-stick. LOL I'll post a few more pics when she's finished. Shouldn't be too much longer - her leaves are turning purple. (potassium def)

Thx!
MC

BlazinNonStop42 said:
You dont know if its a male or female?

The 1st plant waaaay back in the thread turned out to be a male. The budshots are of a clone I took off of a female that came later.

BlazinNonStop42 said:
I might just have to order some, different strains?...............what do u suggest?

Well, it depends on what you're looking for and experience level. The breeders of Purple Widow have several good-looking strains and a good reputation. Sjamaan Cannabis Seeds or White Widow Web..

MC

Back
Top Bottom