Purps vs Blueberry

Jackalope

The last couple years I have grown lots of Blueberry hybrids. They are everywhere. As a go to breeding strain for so many places it is almost hard to get away from it. At first I saw this as only a good thing. Problem is I have found one thing similar in all of them. They all have the same Blueberry bottom end. This would be a good thing if I happen to like that bottom. It seems I don't.

I get most my indica from the Purps side. The bottom end of it has a warmer happier high. Still indica just different. Purps does everything that Blueberry does. OK maybe not for stabilizing a strain. Blueberry is still probably king for that. For all things smoking Purps does great.

THC effects us all differently. So not all people will like all highs. There is plenty of strains out there to find what you like. It is going to get a little tougher for me now that I know I don't want Blueberry Hybrids.

Any others notice these effects like I mentioned?

I don't know man I think you'll be all right finding purple hybrids. I personally find them so damn ubiquitous that it's troubling because I don't like them very much.

It's mostly that most purple strains to me have a kind of musky taste and smell to them. I think it's because of the anthocyanins themselves because it's a common taste/smell I find with EVERY strain that is purple I've ever tried, even varieties that didn't ordinarily go purple but just did because of the cold, they ended up taking on that smell when in the past I had grown them out and they were completely green and totally different tasting--and these were clones I'm talking about.

I love the dank and musty side of weed lol. Growing up on the west coast with Roadkill Skunk might have shaped those tastes LOL. I have more trouble noticing the sweet strains. Its not the Purples I like so much as a Indica for night time.

Terepenes add more then people notice. A lot of times they will define the high for a person. Now that most all strains are strong enough to do the job. It is going to be those terepenes that separate strains even more. I have not nailed down the top terepenes I like yet. Lemoline is up there I know.

caryophyllene I believe is the black pepper terp, one of my favorites as it really helps with gastrointestinal issues. Myrcene is the mango terp that is great for my muscle inflammation which helps with my pinched nerves.

I sometimes eat a mango during the evening smoke sessions after the kids go to bed. It seems potentiate, (i think that is the word), the weed. I get all sleepy, nodding out, and then starving for a little while.

Purps x Blueberry. Not sure if it has been done. I made a hybrid this last grow of a Purps hybrid x M.O.B. a Blueberry pheno. Going to be a while before I try it but it could be interesting. A blend of 2 body highs.

Mixing genetics for terepene production is coming. As we find more about terepenes people are going to find ways to increase the ones they want. Some terepenes are going to have value much like CBD

I bred a Columbian red point male with a Dark Devil Auto. The red points are good meds, never have tried DDA I just really like purple weed.

I was thinking about picking a dad out of my little collection of Querkle seeds and crossing with a Sensi NL or Nirvana NL IBL, when they do arrive. Searching for sleep meds.

I found he purples are great for sleep also. Well in most case's anyway. The Purps side seem to do it best for me. Querckle x Northern Lights could be a winner. Hybrid vigor may make the Querckle grow a little faster

Back
Top Bottom