QB drivers

Dootz

420 Member
How’s it shakin everyone I have a 320 watt hlg qb and a 260 watt hlg qb I would like to mount drivers outside of tent, any suggestions what to mount them to I am unsure where to put them with their heat and all,any help is appreciated

Hey there Doots, not sure I'm the best person to answer but a friend of mine has them mounted outside his tent on a paving stone. It has two with a little space betwwen for airflow and more than durable enough for heat, only problem I can tell is that you have a paving stone in the room.
Think it cost him £2.50 From BnQ and a fiver for the longer leads..
Sure others will supply more appropriate advice (I use LEDs so not an issue), if there is an established method.
See tou around & good luck.

I have two QB drivers in my 3' x 3' tent 520 watts total. It is only 5 degrees warmer inside the tent. Tent is well ventilated.

I have a 500w QB and Driver in a 5x5 tent. Its only a few more degrees hoter in the tent. I figured it didn't make a difference, because its either going to heat up the air in the tent, or the air outside the tent that is sucked in anyway.

I have two QB drivers in my 3' x 3' tent 520 watts total. It is only 5 degrees warmer inside the tent. Tent is well ventilated.

This is correct, and honestly, the longer runs of wire will cause a small loss in power. Albeit, not much, but it will be there. If you are like most and use a thin gauge wire for your boards or strips, you may wanna use a little bigger gauge for the run from the driver back into the tent. If you still wanna do it, though, a piece of plywood with a couple pieces of aluminum angle on the ends to keep the driver off of the bare wood will work. One gentleman I know did this and then hung the plywood off the back of the tent(he has a breathing area between the tent and the wall).

Back
Top Bottom