q's about foxs-farm

kushman2382

Hello everyone.. i'd like to hear from the fox farm user..
i used foxs-farm trio for a long time with no problem.. i use as directed. just wanna to see what else u guys mix with ur foxs farm.. tring to beef mine up a little bit hoping to better my yields.. on average i've been getting about 2oz maybe 3oz if i'm lucky.. i'm sure there's better but thats all i've ever used for soil grows..
thanks
kushman2383..

good ideal with co2 but i cant afford right now.. i understand what u mean tho.. i just like to see other regimen they use with fox farm..

i used foxs-farm trio

The trio package isn't organic; just the Big Bloom component is.

FoxFarm said:
Our Products: Organic or Synthetic?

Our Peace of Mind® and Happy Frog® fertilizers are 100% organic. Our Big Bloom™ Liquid Fertilizer and all of our soils are also organic. We do offer some fertilizers with mineral-based, time-release ingredients that are not classified as organic. These include American Pride® and Marine Cuisine® fertilizers, Tiger Bloom® and Grow Big® liquids, and our soluble products like Cha Ching®, Beastie Bloomz®, and Open Sesame®.

There is a good analysis of FOx Farm on the net and how to suppliment it and why.

I am not sure of the rules about posting links to other forums so I will let you google +critical +fox farm to find it.

I used this schedule and had better results than I did without the extra supplimentation.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_xJ3Mz-GpQOo/TOe2VC7DKrI/AAAAAAAAAbs/yh3BlgoWn2M/schedule.jpg

I should mention that I am now using Blue Planet and will not go back to Fox Farm as I really like Blue Planet as do many here. My 1st grow journal used the schedule above. See that grow in my sig.

There is a good analysis of FOx Farm on the net and how to suppliment it and why.

I am not sure of the rules about posting links to other forums so I will let you google +critical +fox farm to find it.

I used this schedule and had better results than I did without the extra supplimentation.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_xJ3Mz-GpQOo/TOe2VC7DKrI/AAAAAAAAAbs/yh3BlgoWn2M/schedule.jpg

I should mention that I am now using Blue Planet and will not go back to Fox Farm as I really like Blue Planet as do many here. My 1st grow journal used the schedule above. See that grow in my sig.

hello 1970.. i went through ur journal and i was amazed! very nice job!!
did u feed the full strength? could u mail me ur feeding schedule? blue planet is looking promising.. i'm at a point now were i feel comfortable to change or add more to my feeding program..thanks for any information u can provide.. i know i could look it up but i seen the great job u did with yours i'd rather read what u have to say then reading what they say on there site..

i thought foxs farm was all organic.

No. They have a FAQ section on their website and one of its pages discusses this. Let me chase it down...
FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

i was using it like it was organic..

Many folks do. But if you're feeding the soil "biosphere" so that it in turns feeds your plants, keep in mind that most of their products have (nutrient) salts, et cetera in with their "organic" ingredients.

lol learn something on this site everyday..

Yes, 420 Magazine is a great resource and one can learn many things, not only in the current discussions, but in the years of older threads as well. It's well-worth the time a person can spend reading.

I like to learn something every day; on a good day, I get it in before noon - then I can coast the rest of the day :rofl:.

blue planet is looking promising.. i'm at a point now were i feel comfortable to change or add more to my feeding program..thanks for any information u can provide.. i know i could look it up but i seen the great job u did with yours i'd rather read what u have to say then reading what they say on there site..

Unlike FoxFarm, Blue Planet Nutrients' owner is an active member here (and a well-regarded sponser). He has a purely-organic line (Farmer's Pride), a three-part formula (Elite), and a premium two-part product (BlueMax Premium). He also offers a few supplements: Dark Matter Humate Tea, Bio-Juice, and K-Bud in the Farmer's Pride Organic series; Liquid Blue, a salt-based (I believe) bloom booster which can be used with his two- and three-part lines; and Root Magic, an inoculum of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (Glomus intraradices) and other endo and ecto mycorrhizal fungi. It contains spores of seven different beneficial mycorrhizal fungi. (Root Magic can be used in soil(sic) and non-recirculating hydroponic systems.)

I'm not sure as to what exactly is in his three-part product, but I'm looking at the BlueMax label right now and it's not just the usual run of nutrient salts. I'll copy the text from his website:

BluePlanetNutrients said:
Quite simply, BlueMax is the best 2-part nutrient program on the market. BlueMax is formulated with the highest quality pharmacuetical and technical grade ingredients in a superior balance of pH stability and a low salt index. We use 100% organic amino acid chelated micro-nutrients in this formula which provide the maximum nutrient use efficiency possible. Our proprietary blend of amino acids, kelp extract, extracts of microbial culture, beneficial enzymes, cytokinins, and fulvic acid provide a unique combination of natural plant hormones, growth regulators, and natural chelators. The result is the maximum yield possible for your high value plants.

BlueMax GROW 4-0-3 is Part A and BlueMax BLOOM 1-5-6 is Part B of this 2-part nutrient program.

Blue Planet Nutrients Blue Max 2-Part is designed for use with all hydroponics, coir, soil-less, sphagnum and soil growing mediums.

The Blue Max 2-part formula contains a proprietary blend of natural plant growth factors derived from microbial cultures. These plant growth factors include Cytokinins, Beneficial Enzymes, Amino Acids, Kelp Extract, and Fulvic Acid.

Cytokinins are known to stimulate plant growth. Cytokinins together with auxins will stimulate seed germination and plant growth when properly applied. The stimulating effects of cytokinins include:

1. Release of apical dominance and stimulation of lateral buds for bushier plants,
  2. Increase number of stems
  3. Stimulation of seed germination and break bud,
  4. Increase root formation and hence increase water and nutrient uptake,
  5. Increased overall plant vigor and growth,
  6. Increased crop yields.

At very low concentration, cytokinins increase the number of shoots and promote the growth of stems. They interact with auxin and gibberellic acid in regulating cell division and cell enlargement in the plants. Cytokinins increase root growth. The increase in root growth is necessary for water and nutrient uptakes which will then result in enhanced plant growth and increased yield. Cytokinins also delay the senescence of leaves and promote the expansion of cotyledons in seedlings.

The beneficial enzymes in Blue Max assist in the hydrolyzation of starches and other organic compounds which promotes beneficial microorganisms by providing energy substrate for microorganisms to feed on. The enzymes absorbed by the plant will assist in the break down of the plant's natural polysaccharide starch reserves into a more usable form which allows plants to use these stored reserves and grow at their maximum potential.

The amino acid chelated micronutrients are bioavailable organic plant nutrients resulting from a unique chelation of mineral nutrients with a blend of Glycine and natural organic acids. This unique chelation process enables plants to better utilize nutrients.

Chelation is a natural process. Cationic nutrients will, upon entering plant cells, form chelates with organic acids such as citric acid, malonic acid, and some amino acids. This chelation process will then prevent precipitation of absorbed nutrients and enable them to move freely inside the plant.

Glycine is a naturally occurring amino acid chelating agent. Glycine is the best of the amino acids capable of chelation, partly because it is the smallest and therefore most mobile. Glycine chelates, and especially those of the cations iron, zinc, manganese, and copper have been well studied and documented by researchers.

Chelation in soil increases availability to plants. Organic substances in the soil either applied or produced by plants and microorganisms are the natural chelating agents. Chelates in the soil act as carriers for nutrients by shuttling nutrients into the plant, releasing the nutrients, and then returning to the soil to repeat the process.

The Benefits of Chelation:

• Increases the availablility of nutrients
  • Prevents mineral nutrients from forming insoluble precipitates
  • Reduces the roxicity of some metal ions to plants
  • Prevents nutrients from leaching
  • Increases the mobility of plant nutrients
  • Suppresses the growth of some plant pathogens

The fulvic acids used in Blue Max are extracted from natural deposits of organic matter called Leonardite. Fulvic acid has a very high cation exchange capacity which is beneficial for plant nutrition. The chemical structure of fulvic acid shows various oxygen containing functional groups; COOH, phenolic OH, and C=O. These oxygen containing groups will exchange the H+ cations for other cations; for example; Zn2+, Fe2+, Mn2+ and Cu2+ cations. The occurrence of the charged sites accounts for the ability of fulvic acid to retain nutrient cations in an available and nonleachable form.

The hypothetical model structure of fulvic acid (Buffle's model) is shown below:
macro7.jpg

Fulvic acids enhance cell permeability for a more rapid entry of minerals into the root cells, resulting in higher uptake of plant nutrients.

It's good stuff. And when he talks about mixing a batch up, he means that HE'S mixing a batch up, lol. So if you choose to use his product... If he posts in your thread, it's not someone in the ad/marketing department. If he makes a suggestion, it's not because he's reading from a script taped on the wall of a cubicle, it's because he has personal knowledge of his products.

Aside from the high quality and the personal service & support, he also offers his products at very reasonable prices and takes pains to minimize any additional expenses (such as your shipping costs).

Blue Planet Nutrients

You could do a LOT worse than give one of his product lines a try. I am not sure if you could do better....

Err... This post turned out to be a little lengthier than I had originally planned ;) .

thanks a bunch for taking the time to write this:bravo:

from my understanding he cant post what and how he mixes his nutes?
if so could u explain why so i dont do it again..
thanks
kushman....

I switched from fox farms to BPN organics and my yield doubled. It's something to think about

do it man, don't even think twice, I've seen nothing but great results

well if you're using their synthetic line of nutes, i would start out at 1/4 to 1/2 strength and work your way up, but if you go with their organic line, I start them off at full strength when they show signs of being hungry. I only feed once a week generally, which is a bit less than advised, but I usually only feed when the plant looks hungry

Maybe I have found my answer here, I really need a soil that I have to mess with a little a possible because of my health. I really want to use SubCools mix, but don't have it in me to mix it right now. I want to stay organic, but by growing organic it seems that I'll have to add something at about 3 weeks in, if I use the mix I was going to, Ocean Forest/LightWarrior, maybe some added bat and worm poop, and some perlite, with a mix of this type should I add BPN ?

Back
Top Bottom