Flushing with Organics?

PhishyPhil

hey guys, i'm new to using organics and am currently using the organic Earth Juice products, and we're just about getting to the point where i'd start flushing if i was using my Fox Farm stuff.

i'm not worried about yield as much as i am worried about taste/flavor/aroma. so i'm wondering, (not can i, but) should i use the EJ products up til harvest?

PS. on a side note, i was considering if i flushed to use water with molasses added to it, as opposed to straight water.

:thanks:

I'm running EJ and no, I don't flush.

Simply stop the EJ 2 weeks before chop and just water with molasses for the last 2 weeks.

1tsp-1tbl/gallon of water with the molasses, up to you.

DD

I started thinking about flushing my organic soil after reading some posts, although I never did it before and even when I chopped down my automatic strain 1,5 week ago - which wasn't flushed at all and even fed with molasses till the end - aromas were great, like mango and lemon changing into raspberries after few days of sitting in the jar. Smoke was also very smooth with grey ash left afterwards, so I cannot complain. Hovewer, I found a lot of posts advising flushing even with organic feeding. Does someone do it? Did someone perform any test to check if there's a difference between flushed and non-flushed buds?

In my uderstanding, flushing when growing organically is unnecessary, cause it might damage bacterial and fungal life and as the plants is dependent on them in order to pick up all available nutrents (in flowering mainly phosphorus) circulating till the very end. I found this post as well, in which someone made and analysis of what flushing does for the final stage of flowering and it basically dilutes THC content by limiting the resin/trichs production in a crucial moment.

I think that only important thing is to cut down on nitrogen nutes in flowering and let the plants slowly consume themselves, cause natural phosphorus sources (bone meal, bat guano) don't affect final taste that much as nitrogen, which is sucked from the leaves. Anyway, I need someone more experienced to make sure I'm on the right track. :grinjoint:

Did someone try not to water at all for the last week?
I did like that with my first CFL indoor grow and effects were interesting.

stopping nutes and feeding only water with molasses is flushing....

Ok, I was thinking about flushing the pot with bulk amounts of water :blunt:

flushing with molasses might not be a good idea if you plan to cut in a few weeks. molasses contains heathly amounts of mag. which will contribute to a harsh burning medicine. molasses is mild fertilizer.

I'm planning to crop them in three weeks, they are beginning 5th week of flowering tomorrow. I was considering one week of pure water from next watering and then water with molasses till the end.

I'm just trying to figure if there's gonna be a big difference in quality of smoke if I keep giving them molasses instead of pure water for the next three weeks? They don't get much apart of that anyway, just a bit of bone meal tea and worm castings. Buds are producing shitloads of resin at the moment, pistils are turning orange, leaves are yellowing and smell is great, although not very strong. If I could maximize trich production and help these buds swell just a bit more, that's all I wanna do :cool:

If molasses can help, I'm willing to give it a try, but I don't want to interfere with natural dying cycle and I need to know if I can flush with molasses?

sounds like you have a nice organic regiment running there. if your mirco life is working you can give the molasses this week but for the final 2 weeks i would good with plain water. molasses contains 1-0-4 ,mag. ,cal. (and sodium which plants can do without), and its a great additive. but in those final weeks the plant will use its stored energy which is represented by those beautiful greenleaves. like you said ,"dont want to interfere with natural dying cycle".

That's great, mon :)
I'll go for that option, molasses for one week, maybe ten days and then pure water.

Ok, I was thinking about flushing the pot with bulk amounts of water :blunt:
I pull back on the amount I water before cutting, but that could just be me.

I have been a member of this site for quite sometime and remember this thread from a very wise older member of this site regarding fruit juice to "flush" instead of molasses simply because the sugars in molasses are not as easily broke down

Fructose (in fruit juice)is the simplest of all the sugars, and is immediately available to the plant. More complex sugars such as sucrose (as in household sugar or molasses) maltose, or dextrose, take longer to become available to the plant, and have all been refined, losing all the natural benefits of fresh fruit juice.

the rest of the thread can be located here

The reason why fruit sugar (fructose) is beneficial in flowering

sorry to double post but the ratio is 4 fresh squeezed oranges / 10 litres of water

Back
Top Bottom