Question about air and ventilation

Puff420

So I'm on my second grow attempt two weeks in. I have 5 plants in a roughly 2*2*6 room I have 5 cfl lights 3 40 watt and 2 25 watt. In fox farm soil. 2 plants in 6" pots and 3 plants in jiffy pots. My plants all were growing great they each had a set of true leaves some had two. Now 2 of the jiffy pots wilted and the leaves curled upwards. Today the third jiffy pot doesn't look good the leaves are drooping turning slightly yellow and beggining to curl upwards. The 6" inch pot plants seem fine both have two sets of leaves that look good.

Now my problem. Is I think my room gets kinda hot and stale. I didn't check on my plants for over 24 hours the other day and this is when I noticed the trouble started I don't have a fan inside because I close the door and hot air would just blow around. I usually put a fan on when I have lights out then I open the door and it gets some fresh air but for the rest of the day the doors pretty much closed. I'm not overwatering so I don't know what else is killing them. I need to have the door closed for privacy issues and right now I can't cut I hole in the door I'm starting to think closet grows just don't work any suggestions? Is it the lack of ventilation cussing them to wilt? What should I do to save the 3 decent plants left?

Well the wills not a problem I'll try anything lol I'm just worried that my plants will all die before I find a way cuz it would really be a kick in the pants to start over again not to mention getting low on quality seeds

Eeek sounds like you might have to your grow spot. I've just told a personal friend to make a grow cab outta a regular wardrobe closet with IR shield.. He added some fans and put it in a good spot and its working quite well. Maybe that could help. But not being able to get air in or out is gonna be a prollem bro =(

deffinately get some ventilation in there. And Id run the fan even when the door is closed, Moving air would be better than just still air. An Idea I came up with also was I took the door knob off, and use a small computer fan to pull air from the closet, and I keep a small 8 inch fan inside blowing over the plants. it has seemed to help.
I dont know how old your girls are, But the pot all may be getting to small and causing them to be root bound. I just had this problem with mine, And drojo, & screwnutts33 fixed me up. My babies are doing great now that I transplanted them in some bigger pots..
Good luck with your grow, And think about the door knob as a small venting situation for now..

Sh@t that's what I thought at least you confirmed my suspition. So I guess I should move them when I get home today or would u suggest I just add a fan? How is this for temporary solution. I have a rubber maid tote I could move the plants too place the lights above and put it somewhere discreat this way the plants won't be closed off to fresh air and I can try and fond a solution for my closet. The fan inplace of a door handle is a ingenius idea.

Are the jiffy pots made from peat? I have read some not good things about the peat pots. If the two in regular pots are doing well and the three in jiffy pots are not it may be the pot that is the problem. Ventilation is a big one that you need to address as well.

I will have to check the jiffy pots as I'm it sure but I think they are. The jiffy pots I have found have been troublesome. They dry out vey quickly. I guess for now I'll just leave the closet open when I'm home and I'll add a fan see if it improves. I guess the jiffy pot plants are a lost cause but I might try moving them I'll be posting my finds
thanks dudes

Could I save the jiffy pot plants the leafed are dead probley because of the lack of oxygen but would the root system be able to recover? The stem is still above soil?

I will have to check the jiffy pots as I'm it sure but I think they are. The jiffy pots I have found have been troublesome. They dry out vey quickly. I guess for now I'll just leave the closet open when I'm home and I'll add a fan see if it improves. I guess the jiffy pot plants are a lost cause but I might try moving them I'll be posting my finds
thanks dudes

Transplant them. Nothing to lose. Worth a shot at saving them.

Hey guys quick update I went home yesterday raised the lights a few inches added a fan and watered all three jiffy pots I then proceeded to leave the door open a few inches and the plant in the jiffy pot I was concerned about purked right up it looks way better the other 2 jiffy pot plants are long gone. But at least I saved 1 for now. It appears at least I have 3 healthy plants so thanks all at least I found a temporary solution to this ventalation problem huanting my dreams lol

Back
Top Bottom