Question about fabric pots & veg cycle

Sticky Nugs

420 Member
I have looked it up alot in the past couple weeks, and cant find anything on it. I just want to know if you can veg too long with smart pots? I know they wont go rootbound, instead they will air prune. But will it affect it during the flowering phase? I have 3 gal fabric pots, and one plant is about 4" bigger than the rest. I was planning on flipping to 12/12 when they get about 18" but if i do that the big one will be about 22". Will that mess it up? Or will it be ok air pruning? Also running 600w full spec. Led at 22" above canopy.

Sorry for the long post, just worried bout my big baby lol. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can do alot with the canopy to keep it even if it bothers you, but that comes down to available hieght to keep a good light distance. I regularly have a uneven canopy without ill effects.
I don't use fabric pots but have seen many people on here have no problems running 3 gallon pots till harvest, average veg then flower.just have to make sure your plant is receiving the right stuff at the right time.

Ahh ok awesome, Thanks @Listersmeghead and @PE636 much appreciated! So i should be good. I just wanted to make sure it wouldnt stunt any growth while flowering, or cause root problems (my first grow lol). Always read you need 1gal - 1ft, so was trying to keep them about 3ft. But wanting to let the others catch up. I did tie down the tops of the biggest ones. Also using FF soil trio + cal/mag and my space is about 6ft high.

Ahh ok awesome, Thanks @Listersmeghead and @PE636 much appreciated! So i should be good. I just wanted to make sure it wouldnt stunt any growth while flowering, or cause root problems (my first grow lol). Always read you need 1gal - 1ft, so was trying to keep them about 3ft. But wanting to let the others catch up. I did tie down the tops of the biggest ones. Also using FF soil trio + cal/mag and my space is about 6ft high.
"6 foot high"
That's Plenty of room, you may even get a trapeze in there.lol.

I don't recommend 3 gal bags at all. Even autoflowering will stunt using a 3 gallon. Even following extremely close and watering a 3 gallon is bout half the size of a 5gal and even autos will turn a 7 gallon into a solid plug of dirt.

Buddy just had 3 three gallon autos grow through the bags at the bottom and one ripped the pot open.

More roots more nugs.

Back
Top Bottom