Question about watering and giving nutes up to chop?

jokerlola

So what I've been reading here lately is that flushing really doesn't do anything for the plant, so I'm feeding up until harvest. I'm getting really close to harvest on my outdoor plants. I've been feeding every other watering. Will it be better to harvest after a feeding or after a plain watering or it doesn't make a difference?

So what I've been reading here lately is that flushing really doesn't do anything for the plant, so I'm feeding up until harvest. I'm getting really close to harvest on my outdoor plants. I've been feeding every other watering. Will it be better to harvest after a feeding or after a plain watering or it doesn't make a difference?
If you are using synthetic nutes in a pot then flushing would be to water your plant with 3x the pot size to flush out all of the salts left behind by the synthetic nutes. Flushing to somehow rinse the nutes out of the buds is a myth. Feed your plants until the end. To answer your question about harvesting after plain water or feeding I guess would depend on how long after you feed before you harvest. If the trichomes are where you want them to be then harvest your plant.

Flushing naw no need it doesn't do anything other than give the plant extra water. If you're outside in the ground, just water every day till harvest or feed if you feel you need to.
It don't matter the extra fertilizer prolly wasted tbh.
If in containers .... same thing. There are plenty of stored nutrients in the leaves the plant will use them if you dont supply any and that is the best practice.

Yes flushing is a myth, but if you continue to feed through harvest, she won't take up any of the natural goodness stored in her leaves "IMO"
I usually go with just plain water for the last 2 to 3 weeks so she sucks those leaves yellow :rofl:

No flushing. If you go straight water, the good flower food is already hanging on the plant ready to be used and you'll see the natural fade like mochas pic. Soils dont need flushing unless the nutrient line you're using calls for it. Your timing can be a bit critical, trics that are older will start going amber fast and the frost thickens up and those few amber trics fool you into thinking it's ready. It's not, look at mochas pic, those yellow droppers are sending natural stored food to all those immature trics along with all those busy hormones and sexy juices making them mature at a natural pace. I hope that makes sense, I'm pretty medicated so my migraine doesn't take me down as much if I wasn't.

Thanks for the replies. I thought my plants might have been ready after the last feeding but I am probably got at least another week for them and I am going with just water from now till chop, plus, I ran out of flower nutes anyway. I've been using the Dutch Pro starter kit that they were giving away at the Denver Indo Expo and it does call for flushing the last 2 weeks but I've been reading here in some articles to feed up harvest.

Back
Top Bottom