question about yield

madmarv0525

How do I maximize my yield with a 4 week veg cycle in a cabinet running dwc with a 400 watt mh the light is kind of far away from my plant but any closer and the temperature goes up too much. I have done some topping and lst but the plant is so short that I don't know if it will yield enough to justify growing.

I don't know if it will yield enough to justify growing.

hmm... If it comes down to growing or not growing, then the yield is worth it. What kind of dimensions are you working with? Why does it have to only be a 4 week veg? The longer you veg, the more you will flower. Antics has given you some good links to take a look at. If you can veg for longer, you can look into fluxing. Check out my journal for an idea.

Well two reasons really I am growing in a small cabinet and don't really know how much the strain will stretch there is no grow info that I can find. The second reason being I have some other plants going in an even smaller veg space. I guess I am in a hurry to see some return on all of my hard work I had 4 weeks in on two plants that ended up being males followed by a clone that died in a week. I guess I should give her more time but I'm not sure. You can see what my grow looks like in my grow journal feel free to critique the hell out of me as I want to learn as much as possible.

By the way thank you both I have followed the links and got a lot of my questions answered

The link in your signature has an extra "Http.com" at the beginning of it, so it's not allowing direct access to your journal.

If you go back into the signature editing page and remove those extra parts, the link should work correctly.
UltraDan has a great video on editing your signature in his signature above.

As for the growing, the best advice I can offer is to be patient. Cannabis does grow fast, but not as fast as we all would like lol.
I've read about a lot of strains that fall between 8-12 weeks flower time. Sativas generally take more time, Indicas less time. If you have a hybrid, it can sometimes be difficult to tell, as the plant has Indica and Sativa genetics, and growth characteristics isn't enough to assume flower time. I grew a 70% Indica that grew shorter like an Indica, had wider leaflets like an Indica, but had an 11 week flower time.

Stretch varies by strain and environment, I see a lot of people say a plant can just about about double in size, but not all strains will see this much growth.

Just be patient and focus on a complete grow to harvest. Don't stress about yields too much, as you get better and fine tune your specific grow environment, and learn more as time goes on, incorporating more grow techniques into the grow, your yield will improve on its own.

Fixed it and I'm going to have to be patient I have too much invested to screw it up being in a hurry

In the meantime, pick up a 30-60x scope or magnifier if you don't already have one. That'll help you harvest exactly at the right time, without have to rely on any guesswork. You'll need one to see the trichomes closely enough to make a decision on what the right time to harvest will be.

trichome_developement.jpeg

Every grower seems to have a preference as to how many cloudy:amber trichomes they have before they'll harvest.

Yeah I have a dope scope not sure what brand but I used it last night after using a delivery service to see that my "free gram" was harvested too soon not very many trichromes at all and they were all clear

Yeah I have a dope scope not sure what brand but I used it last night after using a delivery service to see that my "free gram" was harvested too soon not very many trichromes at all and they were all clear

That's unfortunate... This is part of why a lot of folks prefer to grow it themselves, to ensure it's harvested, as well as grown, to meet their personal requirements.

antics you are right I got sick of paying jacked up prices for b or c grade meds that might not be the strain they say so the desired effects come hit or miss

Nish I was thinking about Scrog but the net would get in the way doing res changes I think that I am achieving a similar result by lst topping and bending (kind of super cropping I think, I pinch the stems first) but if I ever do soil I will try fluxing or scrog I have decided to just let her be for the most part to try to get this grow under my belt. This has been a very nerve-wracking experience, but with the great advice and words of encouragement from the awesome people here I am slowly beginning to relax.

That still sounds better than what I used to get here. It was only called "hydro", "weed", or "trees". Never any strain info.

If this is your first grow, you're going to love the quality. I was amazed when I tried my first harvest, tons of flavor, smooth, potent, and it wasn't full of seeds.

Just take your time, don't rush, and follow the advice of the hydro guys, there are probably hundreds of years of horticulture experience combined on this forum, they'll definitely help keep your grow on the right track. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom