Question About High Yields

So using this as a basis:

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?
  • Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
HOW MUCH PAR/PPFD DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?

Between 200-400 PPFD:
This is great for seedlings, clones, and mother plants.
Between 400-600 PPFD: This is great for early to late stage vegging cycles.
Between 600-900 PPFD: This is great for the flowering, fruiting, or budding stage of plants.

With you lights at 18" spacing and 18" height ... a good estimate is:

800 ppfd center - bloom
500 ppfd 1' - late veg
390 ppfd 2' - early veg
250 ppfd 3' - seedlings

Let me know if you think I did this right ...

kind of, amount of lights on factors into how much ppfd you can give a plant.

40+ DLI is the approx threshold for co2 supplementation

NICE LOOKING PLANT BEAN TOWN !!!it seams you have this growing game all figured out ,let us know how much this beauty yields , just harvested last night a candy cane auto and she gave me 1lb 7 oz of trimmed wet bud don't know what the dry yield will be but it was a 4 1/2 ft tall plant when I chopped her after 9 1/2 weeks of flower .I always go a week or 2 more than the breeders recommend and I run a 1100 ppm of co2 also in both veg and flower .

Here is something to help you not kill your potency but still quad and mainline. And doesn’t go into dormancy so far.
E854EE2F-A357-4FC7-AF21-5A217CB42967.jpeg

Born in hot soil sprayed with a humidifier LS topped at day 13 this is 16.

Hello , i top all my plants including my auto`s , the secret is to doing it when they are about 4 weeks in to veg and only do it once and then i wait till flower and then i take about 3/8 of a inch off the top 2 colas as this causes the plant to create a shorter fatter top cola rather than a longer narrow cola and yes it will add about a week to your flowering time but i find it too be well worth it , give it a try just don`t be greedy on the amount you take off the top of the cola , plus it causes the plant to use the nutes it has in the leaves around the cola and all you have to is peel them back and they come off very easy when it comes to harvest time , i hardly even use a pair of scissors other than to trim the lower small bud sites , i found that lollipopping doesnt work well on auto`s as they need all the leaves then can grow for the flowering period .
I got a new secret. Lol

I get a few wild tops here and there but with a SCROG they mostly stay pretty even.
And what you don't like about the original top is exactly what I like about it.
It just keeps growing hard and fast about 2" per day in stretch which translates to 2 nodes everyday through stretch and every 2 to 3 days I just train it to the next opening in the SCROG.

But you are correct overall.

I've had times where I probably should have topped a couple of them that were growing outa control and I ran out of space in SCROG so they had no where to grow but up. I got two right now that I should have slowed their growth by topping but couldn't bring myself to do the deed.
Slowing down the growth of those so the rest could catch up would have been the wiser choice.
But I just hate slowing down growth, even when it might be the best solution at times.

But either way, as long as you LST and SCROG whether you top or not is not going to make any difference in your yield.
Still going to fill the SCROG up.
I like how you say I should have slowed it’s growth.

Here is something to help you not kill your potency but still quad and mainline. And doesn’t go into dormancy so far.
E854EE2F-A357-4FC7-AF21-5A217CB42967.jpeg

Born in hot soil sprayed with a humidifier LS topped at day 13 this is 16.
Sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is going on there? I'm planning to try quadlining (on autos), so everything relating to that is of interest.

I don't see how its possible to mainline autos.
You only have about 3 weeks of veg
I'm thinking about quadlining. I looks like it's easier to get an even canopy than with only the stem bending LST I'm doing now (although I'm sure my straight up LST technique can be improved a lot!). I've seen many people on here successfully quadlining autos. I found @Asesino85's auto quadlining journal to be an inspiration for this:

Back
Top Bottom