Question About High Yields

Aside from the school of thought of those that say you should always leave the main cola... Is there any reason (aside from autos) NOT to top, quadline/mainline, and ScrOG your grow for maximum yield? It seems to me that between these 3 techniques, when done properly, should be the best way to maximize an indoor grow yield.

As far as in aware, the only reason for yield to be negatively affected be topping or LST etc, would be if your dealing with a statin that doesn't handle high stress training well. Otherwise, by my own experience training usually ups your yields of big buds compared to not doing anything at all. In essence you get less larf or popcorn buds.

I use those techs every time. Check out my results as of now
Topped at least once sometimes 2 or 3 depending on plants. Some I bent over as well. I like creating a Bush.

Attachments

• 20190620_183726.jpg
    20190620_183726.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 127
I top , lst , scrog and supercrop as well as strip leaves … hasn't failed me yet .

Here's my current grow. The 3 on the left are clones from when I topped the others. The others are partial LST and quadlined, only because this is my first grow and it's been a learning experience for sure! Grow #2 should go much smoother. Just flipped to 12/12 today, so I'm hoping to get at least a few good nuggs from these girls. Also, just got the tent yesterday - all the veg growth was done on a shelf rack with one of those mylar space blankets wrapped around it and LED shop lights from Walmart. This tent has 3X Oneo II full spectrum grow lights, an exhaust fan, and a carbon filter unit.

YYLfeBW.jpg

Hello , i top all my plants including my auto`s , the secret is to doing it when they are about 4 weeks in to veg and only do it once and then i wait till flower and then i take about 3/8 of a inch off the top 2 colas as this causes the plant to create a shorter fatter top cola rather than a longer narrow cola and yes it will add about a week to your flowering time but i find it too be well worth it , give it a try just don`t be greedy on the amount you take off the top of the cola , plus it causes the plant to use the nutes it has in the leaves around the cola and all you have to is peel them back and they come off very easy when it comes to harvest time , i hardly even use a pair of scissors other than to trim the lower small bud sites , i found that lollipopping doesnt work well on auto`s as they need all the leaves then can grow for the flowering period .

NICE LOOKING PLANT BEAN TOWN !!!it seams you have this growing game all figured out ,let us know how much this beauty yields , just harvested last night a candy cane auto and she gave me 1lb 7 oz of trimmed wet bud don't know what the dry yield will be but it was a 4 1/2 ft tall plant when I chopped her after 9 1/2 weeks of flower .I always go a week or 2 more than the breeders recommend and I run a 1100 ppm of co2 also in both veg and flower .

NICE LOOKING PLANT BEAN TOWN !!!it seams you have this growing game all figured out ,let us know how much this beauty yields , just harvested last night a candy cane auto and she gave me 1lb 7 oz of trimmed wet bud don't know what the dry yield will be but it was a 4 1/2 ft tall plant when I chopped her after 9 1/2 weeks of flower .I always go a week or 2 more than the breeders recommend and I run a 1100 ppm of co2 also in both veg and flower .
5 pounds wet = one pound dry is a rule of thumb.

here is this grow using topping,lst,,supercropping and scrog techniques. main room and my toy in coco.
IMG_5664.JPG
IMG_5612.JPG

Aside from the school of thought of those that say you should always leave the main cola... Is there any reason (aside from autos) NOT to top, quadline/mainline, and ScrOG your grow for maximum yield? It seems to me that between these 3 techniques, when done properly, should be the best way to maximize an indoor grow yield.
I treat autos exactly the same mate. Profile pic is one of them.
Training will always give you a better yield if it's done properly. otherwise, if you leave that main cola on, you'll only have that main cola in the optimal lighting. The entire rest of the plant has to suffer for it.
There are some guys that manage to leave it on and get the rest of the plant to catch up to the same height but for most of us it doesn't work out like that.

I've never once topped a plant, seems totally pointless to me.
When you top you take away the apical dominate top and allow the two growth tips to become dominant.
When you bend down the apical dominate top in LST you get the EXACT same results plus get to keep that top which continues to grow and create two more growth tips for every 1" or less of growth.

I never top and I still get on average 30 colas per plant.
So it all boils down to whatever your preferred method is as it makes little to no difference in the final outcome.
I just prefer to keep the original top which usually ends up being a nice bud.

20160710_101515.jpg
20170323_085611.jpg
20170718_085932.jpg
20190620_194840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom