Question - Autos & Nutes & Hydro

Underground

Hello everyone !

Sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, but I wanted to ask.

When autoflower seeds are planted in a soil/soiless medium, the seedlings have access to

the nutrients that are in the medium. But, when those same seeds are put into a hydro

system, say a top drip, am I NOT suppose to ad ANY nutrients to my reservoir.

If the seedlings can handle the soil nutes, why cant they handle nutes in a hydro system?

Thank you for any reply's

Underground

Who told you not to add nutes in hydro? You can add nutes and/or water every day if you want to but you will be wasting nutes and making a lot of work for yourself. Think of it like this, you go buy food for a whole week, you eat it and stay full all week and at the end you are out of food and you go back to the store and get more food. Now buy food for the week but also buy more food everyday and at the end of the week throw away your extra food and go buy more. You would be doing the same by adding nutes every day because you throw out the water and nutes when you do the water change. The biggest advantage to hydro is the oxygen getting to the roots, hydro will ALWAYS out grow soil/soiless. I grow one plant in a 10 gallon bucket and pull 2 lbs per plant in hydro with leds in a 4x4 scrog. Some here won't believe that and say I am full of shit....maybe it is time for a grow journal.

I would definitely like to see that budking! I will be following if you make a journal!

underground: Let's clarify one thing. Soilless is a form of hydro. Generally soilless mediums have some extra trace elements relative to hydro, but you can run a soilless plant in the same way you run a hydro plant. With hydroponics or coco or hempy, ect, you want to use your nutrients feed chart and use nutrients from the time the seed puts out it's first true leaf. The reason you don't want to feed this early in soil, is because the soil will already have all the nutrients the seedling needs until it grows out of the seedling stage. You plants will suffer a plethora of deficiencies if you don't feed your hydroponic seedlings for the first two weeks, like is recommended of a soil plant.

Back
Top Bottom