Question for NE Growers

gilgahash

Hey 420 folks,

I'm all longtime indoor grower planning on taking my grow outdoors for the first time

I was wondering when all you New England growers girls start flowering and around when they finnish?

I'm planning on running some Ak47 this year. Will they finish in Sept, Oct ?

I was looking at a sunrise sunset.com and in according to them in My area we dont reach 12/12 til the end of Sept. Does that really mean they wont begin flowering til they end of Sept? We usually get first frost around mid Oct.

I hope thats not the case :hmmmm:

I can't say about New England finish times, but I will say this. Look at a solar (day length) calendar. Your plants will start to flower when the days start to shorten.The longest photoperiod day is in June (like the 21st or 22nd). They will start to slowly flower then. You will need to apply strain flowering time to these dates then add a week or two(they flower more slowly outside, I think it is due to the slowly changing light schedule(they don't get the slam into flowering that a switch to 12/12 does))
the 12/12 photoperiod has nothing to do with flowering kick-off, only changes in photoperiod do, unless your talking about auto's, they are genetically programmed to flower based on time of growth not photoperiod.. To answer your question more specifically, they should finish like mid-Sept.
I will tell you rippers are a bitch(whether humans stealing,or animal chewing them down(groundhogs) or digging them up, so expect to lose about 30-40% of what you plant. Outdoor bud sure is nice though!! Nothing like seeing cannabis bask in the sun!!( which you won't see much at all, as most of your runs should be done at night with a green flashlight(pot does not see green light, so you won't mess with their dark cycle). Good luck, just be realistic with your expectations, as outdoors is a whole different ballgame and a lot of work if you want great bud.I always say more, smaller plants will increase your odds in getting an acceptable harvest ,rather than fewer bigger plants. More work with more plants but smaller plants are harder to see(and get stolen)

if ya get some good outdoor genetics ya will be fine and have them finish in late sept before the shitty weather

Northern lights is a very short flowering species. Only problem i had with it is although it's decent smoke, it's not as potent as some other strains out there. This yr., i'm trying White widow ( sativa pheno), and inside it's a 9 week deal. So if it starts to bud about the last of july, then ends in early october, we'll be good . Wish me luck !!

Hey guys,

thank you everyone for responding with advice

Its amazing I have been growing indoors for over 10 years now and theres still so much I dont know about our plants. I never knew 12/12 was was an indoor trick to force our gals into immediate flowering, whereas outdoors its a much more gradual...natural proccess...Whodathunkit?

I've also decided that rather then just using clones from my 8yr old cherry pheno ak47 I'd actually splurge on some outdoor seeds. So hopefully in the next few days I should be receiving:

Texada Timewarp
Reserva Privada Cole Train
Purplepineberry
Mighty Mite x Donkey Dick

All of these strains are noted for early finishes and relative resistence to our nasty northeastern weather...heres hopin anyways

I'll keep you posted on this summers outdoor adventure and if anyone has any more advice for me please share away:thanks:

as for new england it kinda sucks out here i got to say and so far this year it has been fucking cold. usually we start getting really shitty weather in september and cold nights so a big worry is mold and having to pull your ladies early. im not sure about the 12/12 times starting at end of september though because my babies in the past have started flowering about a month or more before september and this was years ago so im sure its the same. but really new england does suck for growing i wish we had some cali weather out here.

good luck hash... if you have any questions id love to help

i live on the coast i've harvested 2 or 3 week of oct .watch the forecast for a prolonged rainy forecast(if that seems inevitable i myself would harvest) .last year was a bitch with all the rain ..planted good bag seed after a very wet may and june on july 1 some were ready by last week of september i am 30 miles from nyc due east

Back
Top Bottom