Question for the indoor pros on veg lighting

Hi everyone. :allgood:

I wanted to ask a question that I am not 100% sure of the answer. I believe I know but wanted to run it by everyone.

Ok so I was considering doing a GLR lighting for veg. I have always ran 24/7 before. But I figure GLR is basically half the electricity and is at least close in growth, possibly better and if nothing else not much worse.

Here is my delema though. I grow veg in a tent. I have always just kept the tent doors open. Because light is on 24/7 it never really mattered. However if I go GLR I was thinking that more distant lights (like room lights, or sun light through the windows ect) may cause problems with the dark.

Obviously a plant can handle 24 hours of nice light just fine. It can also handle a GLR style lighting. The concern is can a plant handle 12 hours of bright light, then 5.5 hours of sometimes dark, sometimes dimly lite light, a hour of strong light, then another 5.5 hours of half light or no light (varried)?

I got a feeling the plant would do just fine. But I obviously am not sure. Whenever I hear stories of plants going hermie it always seems to be in flower not in veg. So... any insightful insight is most appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom