Question on the nutes faq

bog420

great listing across product lines!

in the general hydro section you list the suppliments. let's talk fluvik - specifically diamond nectar.

i have used it for years, and heavily from cuttings through veg. you talk about 40ml once for each cycle - why?

I have used it successfully like i said from cuttings through veg, though at a lesser dose than you are stating. my rule of thumb has been:

5ml per gallon - cuttings and foliar spray
10-20 ml per gallon - all the way through veg
None in flower

Interested in understanding the 1 time shot per stage.

another suppliment that i live by, especially if things run into heat or stress is a silicate. I use protek, and have found it helps build up disease and heat resistance. any comments on the use of silicates?

Thanks - great read - bog

thanks

Ok! Here I am!!!

Gotta admit-- it kinda floored me when someone said "Hey-- check this out-- people know who you are!" and showed me on Google that you guys mention me in here! LOL! Just some frumpy old lady who loves to grow and pass along what I've learned over the years!

ANYWHOoo--- The amounts and combinations on the feeding charts are NOT of my own calculations or usage... they are directly from charts supplied to me from different growers and suppliers over the years.. most, direct from the manufacturers or their Chem guys... so I can only really tell you my personal take..

My #1 rule-- if it works for you, don't change it just because you see it on a chart!
Often (too often) Suppliers add bells and whistles to get you to spend more $$ instead of just including ingredients in their main products (their exact words- not mine!) The old "KISS" rule is the best-- the fewer products you can use in a successful grow the better...

If in soil even more so-- the closer to "au naturel" you can get the better--- in hydro, I prefer a 3 part (grow, bloom boost) that you do not have to be a chemist to use-- then supplement with extra micronutes (like Super Cal-Mag or Earth Juice Microblast) a foliar program and some vitamins (Superthrive or Thrive Alive) In hydro- I really think fulvic acids are a good thing, since it is what they lack being out of their natural soil environment. With any new product, I use about 1/4-1/3 what they suggest on the bottle to start- since bottle measurements are usually the MAX dosage.

Another option is a product called "Dark Energy".. it has a lot of trace minerals and volcanics in it... and can either go in the rez, in soil, or use as a foliar application-- but be warned! It REALLY reeks!!! smells like a dead mouse in an old sweatsock! But IMO- if you can stand the smell- it is worth it, as it has pretty amazing results, especially on slow growing or stressed plants.

Hope that helps!
;) LZ

Back
Top Bottom