question on trimming

maillady929

hey everyone, i did i big defoliation on my girls 2 weeks ago and they have grown bushier. should i take off more of the leaves or wait until harvest? i am 8 weeks into flowering and i think it's a twelve week strain. also if anyone knows of a strain with a candy cane like stem i'd love to know what it is. thanks!
IMG_5728_2_.JPG
IMG_5727_1_.JPG
IMG_5726_1_.JPG
IMG_5725_1_.JPG
IMG_5724_1_.JPG
IMG_5721_1_.JPG
IMG_5722_1_.JPG
IMG_5723_1_.JPG

The big issue is the fan leaves preventing the lower areas of the plant from receiving light. Personally I would trim those leaves a bit, just don't go overboard. Some of those fan leaves are going to start looking unhealthy and will have to be removed eventually anyway, just as part of the plant's natural life cycle. Your plants look very healthy, but the lower bud areas may not be getting sufficient light.

thanks for the help. i think i will trim a few from the middle to let some light shine through. this is my 1st successful inside grow (i hope) and i don't want to mess it up at this point.

It wouldn't mess anything up, but allowing more light to reach the lower bud sites will likely increase your final yield a bit.

Back
Top Bottom