Question regarding growing in Canada (Mandatory Minimums)

Chlorobyte

Hey there,

I have done some searching on Google and in the forums but cannot seem to find an exact answer to my question.

In Canada, there are now in place mandatory minimums for people caught growing cannabis illegally for personal consumption. These minimums come into place starting at 6-200 plants.
What I'm wondering is, what if someone was growing say, three plants? what would be the penalties to this person if they were caught and found to be only producing for their own use? ( no intention of selling or distributing )

Thank you for your time and answers.

you would still get a criminal record probation and a fine I would think, chances of jail time are slim unless you have past convictions for something. Even with mandatory minimums a judge down east ruled on a gun charge that the mandatory minimum was a cruel and unusual punishment for the crime that was committed and did not sentence the man to the minimum mandatory. I would not take that gamble though. lol... problem in Canada is you can be charged with anything, you just gotta have the money to fight it in the courts.

Back
Top Bottom