Question

AZ007

Heres a nooby question. Ive been experiencing slow growth, so i started to think could it be that im not giving enough light? I have an indoor tent 3 by 2, a small one.. with a 135watt LED light. you think thats enough or should i get something stronger to cover a small area like that? Thank you.

There are tons of material out there regarding proper lighting, do a little research and you'll find your answers. You can never go wrong with 400w (or more) HPS bulb. Also keep the light about 4in on top of the plants while in veg (for fluorescents) and about 25in during flower (for the HPS). Side lighting is always a plus, I have 3 100w energy saving bulbs (I think also called CFLs) suspended below the canopy and buds are growing everywhere, this will increase my yield considerably.

So in short, do a little research and read a little before starting asking questions, there are answers for all the common newbie problems.

Have you trasnsplanted recently? If not you may be root bound. If you have transplanted, It takes a while to take off. All plants grow at different rates. Be patient. It will happen. Just be glad it's not out growing it's home.

Also a note on the LED light, some people suggest that LED´s may have a slower growth than other lamps especially if you are using a low price model. The technology isnt there yet. Still I had great success with a very cheap LED version for a mini veg-room. Still as previously mentioned there are several post in here about this topic so if you want a more detailed analysis check out the search function. Make sure you check out some of the different LED journals they will probably contain similar problems and or solutions.

Quick answer is that slow growth can depend on so many things that just the small amount of information provided is not sufficient to provide you with a fact based suggestion. Some key areas to look into would be:

Light
Growing medium
Water
Nutes
Soil and water PH
Type of strain

These are just a few from the top of my head but you get the picture. So check journals to find someone with a similar setup and if the journal doesn't give a reply ask them if they have any tips. Or PM some of the growers that are active in the FAQ section most of them are very knowledgeable and can usually help if you give them enough information.

Back
Top Bottom