Questions about humidity control

Cactusreefer

W'sup everyone. Working on my grow journal but just had a couple questions to ask regarding humidity. Is it better to run the humidifier in the tent? Just wondering about moisture issues with the light and carbon filter. Is that OK to run like that? I use a cold air humidifier with RODI water to avoid the white dust. But it is outside the tent and gets drawn in via passive intake. Id prefer to keep it inside if safe. Do you guys run yours constantly or anyone have a controller setup? Also, do you guys keep your exhaust fan with carbon running 24/7? Thanks a lot!

W'sup everyone. Working on my grow journal but just had a couple questions to ask regarding humidity. Is it better to run the humidifier in the tent? Just wondering about moisture issues with the light and carbon filter. Is that OK to run like that? I use a cold air humidifier with RODI water to avoid the white dust. But it is outside the tent and gets drawn in via passive intake. Id prefer to keep it inside if safe. Do you guys run yours constantly or anyone have a controller setup? Also, do you guys keep your exhaust fan with carbon running 24/7? Thanks a lot!
Hey @Cactusreefer welcome to 420magazine.
I keep my carbon discharge on 24/7 keeps air circulation in room moving.
As far as humidifier goes its easier to control the the rh of a room or basement say than in your tent.
But lots of people put them directly in grow tent. You can hook an ink bird controller and it will come on when needed. Just make sure you have good air circulation.

Sweet, thanks. Ill look into the inkbird, I like the idea of controlling vs a multiple start timer or the like. Thanks for the response man!
How are things in Arizona my friend? Lots of great growers there.
If you start a journal tag me and ill follow along. Happy growing friend.

Things are good man, thanks. The weather is damn perfect right now...low to mid 70's, off n on clouds. My outdoor autos are a week old and look like they wanna move :cool:. My indoor auto is 2 weeks old and looks good too, 4th set starting. Ill def give you a tag on the journal. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom