Questions regarding venting in room with only 1 window - moisture etc.

breakupp

Hi, I have a friend who's willing to rent me his room (a big room with a full washroom). He willing to lend me as long as I control the smell, he doesn't want the house smell with weed.

The room has 2 windows... but only one windows can be open and its located inside the washroom.

I have two question regarding venting etc.:
1. If i setup a gorilla ten outside the washroom and use duct to pull air out into the washroom window (Will need a long tube like vent etc)... Will this work without pulling fresh air in from another window? Also, this house has central Air conditions.. which mean its very cool all summer round.

2. Say if I place the tent inside a washroom (very big washroom).. will the moisture in the air (from shower/sink/etc) rune the plants, causing it to mold?

3. sorry one more question :)... if using proper carbon filter.. will he still smell it inside the house? thanks.. also, there's a huge fan outside runs all the time, i think its the central air system.. will that suck in the air that I vent it out??

Keep in mind that I'll be using a Gorilla tent 2x4 + KindLED 450 or maybe G8LED 240watt with 90w Red UFO for only 3-4 plants or less.

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)))))))

:welcome: to :420:

1. Yes, it can work but depending on how tight the house is you might have some negative pressure issues, not very likely but still possible.

2. High humidity can indeed cause mold on cannabis, it is best to maintain RH levels between 50%-70% for vegging and 30%-50% for flowering, regardless of the ambient environment. It is an issue every indoor grower has faced, or in my case, still faces.

3. A proplery installed carbon filter will work well enough to keep the house odor free, until, that is, you open the tent. So, it is impossible to eliminate odors 100% of the time but a carbon filter is the best solution I've found in dealing with cannabis odors.

Setup your grow before you get plants, get yourself a hygrometer and tweak the grow setup until you get the temperatures and humidity you're looking for.

I can't tell you how many people are impatient and just get started without setting up properly.

I think of it like this: when parents bring a new born home, do they stop by Costco to get the crib? No, it's all prepared long before the babies arrival, should be the same thing for our babies ;)

Hi all.. and thankyou for the reply. I was trying to see if it will work before buying the gears as a general ideas.. but seem reasonable, i'll do a little more research and head on to make a purchase.. any more info is always welcome.. thanks for the reply :)

Back
Top Bottom