Quick flush?

Sooo... @Emilya ...do you flush at all in your organic garden at any point before harvest? What are your recommendations? I am interested because I am using GeoFlora products on some of my crop-horde and need the experienced advise you can provide. Should I feed them all the way to harvest or slack off top-dress feedings toward harvest?

I know GeoFlora is the easy way to go and that you "build" your organic soils individually, piece-by-piece - however - as a beginner here...inquiring minds want to know. Do you flush before harvest or slack off top-dress feedings before harvest?
By flushing, I assume you mean flushing the soil with 3x water, and not forced starvation at the end. If it is that, Geoflora provides a special case:

Geoflora recommends skipping the final feeding... and if you consider that there are still microbes working on all the leftover nutes from the previous feedings, its not exactly going cold turkey.

There is no point in flushing an organic grow, and by this I mean the 3x pure water thing. There are no salts building up and nothing to flush out except raw nutrient broken down enough to flow out with the water... and that seems counterproductive.

So read your GF directions carefully and save your money that last two weeks. The plants don't need that last hit.

By flushing, I assume you mean flushing the soil with 3x water, and not forced starvation at the end. If it is that, Geoflora provides a special case:

Geoflora recommends skipping the final feeding... and if you consider that there are still microbes working on all the leftover nutes from the previous feedings, its not exactly going cold turkey.

There is no point in flushing an organic grow, and by this I mean the 3x pure water thing. There are no salts building up and nothing to flush out except raw nutrient broken down enough to flow out with the water... and that seems counterproductive.

So read your GF directions carefully and save your money that last two weeks. The plants don't need that last hit.
Thank you so very much! Yes, by flushing I meant 3X water. Have not tried starvation
Charlie, I didn't say it doesnt help minimize... but can it possibly eliminate salt as well as a 3x flush? The math says it cant. Maybe 1/15 of a flush every time you water is enough to keep the salt from totally locking out nutes at the end... I am not willing to chance it when flushing is so easy to do.

Then you hit my button. You want researched documented evidence (you mean a published paper) on a plant that is illegal to grow in most of the world. Sorry Charlie (had to get that in) those papers simply do not exist... yet. I would like to think that a lot of the work, research and experiments just like the sciency crowd uses, will someday contribute to those "official" studies. Until then, you have to rely on the results found in our journals... scientific studies in their own right.
OK?

Back
Top Bottom