Quick health check on sproutling

Don't want to crash your thread, if I could figure it out I'd send a link to ya. I started it on another site hoping for great feedback but have received very little. Is it ok to post links to other sites threads? I doubt it.

I could use your insight! You have the touch and things are looking amazing!

No problem at all, I'm happy to share whatever little I know. There are some very smart people here, that I have learned more from in their journals (TheFrizz, Hyena Merica to name a couple) than most of the combined internet search results I've found.

I just read the linked grow journal and a couple observations:
  • I am not a fan of foil. I have read too many bad things about using it and none of them good.
  • You're going to hate the 3.75" cups. I started with 3's and still regret it. I'm using the 6" integrated lids now and they just make so much more sense for me.
  • I started with the same air stone. It's just not enough.
  • Rockwool retains much more moisture than Rapid Rooters, it also has some interesting ph altering traits. I only use Rapid Rooters and have been much happier with them than the Jiffy Plugs (peat moss based) or Rockwool. Both of which I managed to kill my seedlings. 100% my own fault I'm sure so I guess the Rapid Rooters were more dummy proof for me.
  • Some of your girls appear to be either overwatered or nute burned in your journal. I'm pretty sure nutes were used too early.
  • Looks like you're still using the 300w lighting? What's the tent/space size? Reservoir water temperature?

This nute thing is maddening for me. So many people talk about it like "DUH dude, isn't it obvious when week 1 starts?". No. In fact it isn't. I've never grown before. I had no idea what a "true" leaf was or even how to count "nodes" until about a week ago.

Since I managed to completely nuke my personal journal, I'm going to put this here...

Day 25, started nutrients at 1/3 recommended strength. PH 5.82. Changed out to new bubbler from the smaller air stones after cleaning the reservoir and adding new RO water.

76bf4c10da999179ab032efefd5394e0.jpg

Day 30 - pH 5.78. Added 1/3 gallon of water and 1ml hydroguard. PH after is 5.87. First Lady parts showing which is a nice confirmation!

420-magazine-mobile1822616290.jpg

Day 35 - first *very light* defoliation and careful LST to reposition everything into a more even and flat canopy.

420-magazine-mobile2010461702.jpg

You got a journal Latitude?:popcorn:

Just checked out your illegal journal lol glad you made it over here, you will both get awesome assistance here at :420: you should whip up a new journal here lowdown! It's looking good latitude, hop on over to one of my journals either of you if you guys want. Another awesome thread for DWC is Pennywise Dewey aeroponics thread. If you come across it def check out the awesomeness that it is lol. Looks like your ready for nutes Lat!

Growchy, which is your current journal?

Back
Top Bottom