White patches on 2 week old seedlings

SandyRatchet

Hi guys.
Newbie grower with 1st crop of 4 seedlings.
I'm running in a tent in water buckets with bubbler.
Ph 5.7 and low EC as baby's still of 450. Using vitalink nutes and root stim.
Got 2 lights over them at the moment. A 125w CFL and a 600w HID running at 250w at the moment.
2 of the baby's have developed white areas on leaf. (Pictures attached). From looking around I can only think it's light burn but lights are a good 10cm above them and temperature with my hand is not at all hot.
Grow tent temp ranges from 22c to 29c and seed type is sweet tooth auto.
Any ideas please.
420-magazine-mobile373251583.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1653461974.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not sure about the bottom pic, but the top pic sure looks like what happened to a couple of my girls when they were that young. I started in soil, MiracleGro because I didn't know any better. It happened after I gave them nutes. So I didn't feed them again until after I transplanted into 3 gallon buckets. Then it happened again, so I cut back the nutes to half the recommended dosage and I never had a problem again. Girls are all happy and beautiful now. So long story short, I'd say it's nute burn.

Nute burn starts at the tips. To me it looks like he splashed water on them. Wouldn't worry bout it.
If that's 450 ppm it seems a little high. I was at about 200 ppm at that age. But again. They don't seem burned to me. Because the new leaves and tips look fine.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Nute burn starts at the tips. To me it looks like he splashed water on them. Wouldn't worry bout it.
If that's 450 ppm it seems a little high. I was at about 200 ppm at that age. But again. They don't seem burned to me. Because the new leaves and tips look fine.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Splashing. Mmmm. I have been top watering while the roots come out better and have splashed the leaves by accident a few times.

[Disclaimer]

I'm sure Germinator knows better than me. I'm still only on my first grow. That was just my experience and what I did to correct the problem. But if he says splashing, than go with splashing.

I see water spots on the lid. I've had leaves do this and the plant was fine. I think you got water on it and the light burned it a little. Nothing to worry bout in my opinion. I could be wrong. Hope it helps.

[Disclaimer]

Think you dropped some nutes on the leaf during watering.

Sent from my LGLS675 using 420

Agreed. I know I spilt water on them a few times. Did not realise it would scald them!

Another question while I'm on a roll :)
I've been told differing things about how far to keep the lights above the top. It's goes from a few cm to 30 cm +. Which makes it quite hard to decide if I'm to close or not.?

Also at a few weeks old am I running the light correctly with the ballast on low power 250w?

And finally for today. :). My fan/filter. Does it need to be on yet? Or is that only for later once the smells develop. Trying not to run it if I don't need to as low temperature will become a problem.
Using 2 * 120w tube heaters to keep it warm in the tent as garage is about 7c so too cold.

It's not just for smell. It removes heat too. If your temps are ok then you don't need it.
Use the back of your hand to feel the light. Hps /Mh will be 18 inches approximately. I would think you can up the power.
Your light looks red? Are you using hps for veg? Mh is preferred for veg.

[Disclaimer]

It's not just for smell. It removes heat too. If your temps are ok then you don't need it.
Use the back of your hand to feel the light. Hps /Mh will be 18 inches approximately. I would think you can up the power.
Your light looks red? Are you using hps for veg? Mh is preferred for veg.

[Disclaimer]

It's white light. Just the camera on my phone reflecting I guess. I'm using a 125w CFL (says extra blue on the box). And a 600w HPS running at 250w at the moment. Not sure if both need to run but more light the better I guess.

Did u ph the cubes before use

Sent from my SM-J327P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No. However after reading up since starting it does suggest I should of. Wanted to get started and did not have ph meter to start with. I think I may use some sort of grow cube next time.

It just looks like they got splashes with nudes but could be a pH problem

Sent from my SM-J327P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There 2 weeks old now (from seed). Been washed thru quite a few times while top feeding so I would of thought any residual ph problem would of gone by now

You can run all the water in the world thru there, if your ph isn't corrected in your solution it is not going to correct itself

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can run all the water in the world thru there, if your ph isn't corrected in your solution it is not going to correct itself

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The ph in the solution in use is correct. He was talking about the ph of the rockwool block prior to use.

Back
Top Bottom