Quicklibo's indoor CFL Mazar, Blueberry and Orange Bud 2013

Re: Quicklibo's indoor CFL Mazar, Blueberry and Orange Bud 2013.

Yes my big bro who's a former grower once grew 3 blueberries outside and they were like 2,5m tall atleast! Then before harvest some prick gangsta boys chopped them down and stole them... And they weren't ready to be harvested yet so their loss but I suspect they sold them forward. :(

Yeh them thieves idiots they spend their time robbing grows when they not even finished, a waste of time. Why don't they use their head and just grow some, instead of robbing someone's pride and joy. People like that always learn hard in the end anyway :)

Yeh them thieves idiots they spend their time robbing grows when they not even finished, a waste of time. Why don't they use their head and just grow some, instead of robbing someone's pride and joy. People like that always learn hard in the end anyway :)

Ye i suggested putting landmines on his yard or get a grizzlybear as a guard next time. :D

PLank of wood in ground, nail through it, tube to fit shotgun shell, spring to hold, bury, landmine, sweet!

So today the girls are 20days old, they have grown well and topped each one. Decided to start the flowering today with the usual 12h/12h of light. I put ''Jesus tape'' (duct tape) on the rims of the door to eliminate possible light leaks. I'll post pics on sunday to show you guys the progress.

Here we have the girls 4 days into flowering! Mazar seems to have a lack of magnesium, but will be fixed soonish...

27012013214.jpg
27012013215.jpg
27012013217.jpg
27012013218.jpg

Well your the pro so you can tell :) This is what i work with.. works fine so far.
21012013213.jpg

It's important to note you might actually be spending more by using CFL's. In certain circumstances it's definitely a solid option but it doesn't produce the amount of light required for incredible growth.

It looks like you have a single 125 and four others which are either 26s or 42s; which means your using between 229-293 watts. You'd be better off going with a 250w HID unless you have serious heat issues. You'll produce way more light with about the same electricity. Plus you'll likely produce more with the HID.. Pays off in every way.

Good luck!

It's important to note you might actually be spending more by using CFL's. In certain circumstances it's definitely a solid option but it doesn't produce the amount of light required for incredible growth.

It looks like you have a single 125 and four others which are either 26s or 42s; which means your using between 229-293 watts. You'd be better off going with a 250w HID unless you have serious heat issues. You'll produce way more light with about the same electricity. Plus you'll likely produce more with the HID.. Pays off in every way.

Good luck!
Actually I have 3x 23W 1x 11W 1x 30W = 110Watts.. I have been thinking of upgrading to a 140W LED light wich has the same output as a 600W HPS light... Still in the considering stage..

If you guys have experience with LED:s then please enlighten me more. :)

Wait.. So what size is the giant CFL?

I'm running an LED grow right now and have loved it. It produces just enough heat to keep my room between 60 at night and 79 during the day.

I've heard people say you shouldn't run a small LED on it's own though. Anyone have any experience with this?

The lenght of the big light is ~19-20cm.. ~5cm wide

Okay guys, time for the sunday update! The girls are now 11th day into flower with a few pistils showing and starting to give off that gorgeous smell. They are topped once and Mazar is making 2 new tops, Blueberry 3 and Orange bud is making 4 for some silly reason..
well thats it for now so stay tuned for the future progress. :)

03022013252.jpg
03022013256.jpg
03022013258.jpg

Okay so your using 110 Watts. Gotcha.
What day from sprout are these? That orange bud is gonna shoot up like a bat out of hell considering its sativa heritage.
Dunno if your gonna have a space issue or what...
It also looks like they be nearing that rootbound stage? Just a few things to think about.
Best of luck mate

Okay so your using 110 Watts. Gotcha.
What day from sprout are these? That orange bud is gonna shoot up like a bat out of hell considering its sativa heritage.
Dunno if your gonna have a space issue or what...
It also looks like they be nearing that rootbound stage? Just a few things to think about.
Best of luck mate

So I have space about little above 1m and was thinking that if they gets too big then I will just scrog them... So with the rootbound issue, I should just get bigger pots? If so then what size would you recommend? 5L? 10L?

So I have space about little above 1m and was thinking that if they gets too big then I will just scrog them... So with the rootbound issue, I should just get bigger pots? If so then what size would you recommend? 5L? 10L?

Better to plan now than to stress later, I'd transplant them into a 3 gallon pot, and I would also do some LST because if you let them get too tall in veg, you may end up breaking branches trying to fix the problem, better now than before the stalks get too woody.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I replanted them in ~3gallon pots and installed a SCROG net above the blueberry. I also finally got my active carbon so got the filter built.. Seems to be working fine, tested it with tobacco.

Looking good quicklibo, you got some good advice off Leester there :)

Well yes, I welcome all advice and tips so I can improve my experience in this hobbie. :) I'll be posting pics on Sunday to show the new setup I designed... Needed to rearrange my closet a bit thanks to the new pots. But it looks pretty neat in my opinion, now if you excuse me as I take my leave to go buy a replacement light bulb for the Mazar. My emergency temp. bulb is only 600lm.

Back
Top Bottom