Quiet air pump

Thread starter #1

JD77

Hey guys im wondering what air pumps are quiet yet put out a decent amount of air for a 2 - 5 gallon setup with a 15 gallon resevior?

Right now im running a commercial air pump rated at 950GPH air pump. I have a 5"round stone in each 5 gallon bucket and three 4 inch regular aquarium stones in the resevior.

When i first got it it was somewhat quiet. But now its pretty loud. If i move it a bit it will quiet down a bit. I cant have something that loud going on constantly.

So im in the market for a new one. I have around 75 to get one. I do have a ecoair plus 4 outlet air pump which is pretty quiet but it seemed to not put out enough air to me.

DukeO

GH dual diaphragm pumps are the quietest ones I know of and they put out a lot of air for that kind of pump.

Plus they last for many years. I have some that have been going over three years now.

Thread starter #3

JD77

Thanks for the response. I will take a look at those. Do you know the outlet size right off hand?

Edit: i found it. It 1/4. I dont see a noise rating though. If i cant hear it upstairs i will be good lol. Do you hang yours or sit it down.

It looks loke a decent pump. I may have to give it a try

Last edited:

DukeO

It has 4 outlets.

The tone of the pump is easy to live with.

I have four of them running in one little room and their sounds just kind of blend in instead of stand out.

Thread starter #8

JD77

I had to look up how an ebb and flow table was setup lol. Im curious as to how your yields are on a setup like that. Ease of maintenance? Right now it seems a weekly water change and a quick wipe out of the reservoir and two buckets is all thats needed. That may change since I've hit the flowering stage.

I'm sold on this pump. I will get one ordered up first thing friday morning. I guess this 950 was a bit overkill. And truth be told if I really do need another pump I can use the ecoplus air 4 outlet one I got. its rated at 250 I think. As I am typing this I can hear the hum of the one downstairs lol

dj1714

My yields are never the same. It all depends on the strain, problems that occur,and how many plants make it to the table. Usually 4-5 girls are the most that make it. To me ebb and flow is pretty easy to take care of. I change the res out every 2 weeks sometimes 3 when I get lazy. don't get me wrong because there is nothing wrong with dwc either. I use to run water farms which is kind of like dwc and constant drip together. I run z7 in my res. and I don't worry about cleaning anything until I harvest.

Thread starter #10
I have been wiping the buckets and tote because it seems my original tote I was using for my reservoir was not light proof enough. I was getting brown growth in it. Now that I switched over to a solid black (last one was a dark gray) there is no slimyness growing on the sides and pump and hoses. Just making sure I am making it a habit to wipe things down. The only residue I really notice is a few bubble areas but thats from the hydroguard.

Ive seen you praise that z7 and I am looking at it. Its not cheap lol. Its a 2 part system, correct? whats the dosage?

Edit: I think my current pump has overheard me about replacing it. It has been pretty quiet here lately

dj1714

Normal dosage is one teaspoon/5 ml of part 1 and part 2 for every 10 gallons of water. Z7 will cost about 2 cents per gallon of water you use. I add it once a week.

I had the same problem, I needed lots of air but most pumps create too much noise and vibration.
I found out about this pump, very low noise, and little vibration.
The pump is a {Blue Diamond ET-30}, 30 LPM, pressure is 1.06 bar