Radogast's Non-420 Garden Creation Thread

you have beautiful piece of property! How gorgeous is that nature. WOW its would be like a fairy tale everyday there. I live in city blocks with concrete.

Congratulations - Quite amazing!

you have beautiful piece of property! How gorgeous is that nature. WOW its would be like a fairy tale everyday there. I live in city blocks with concrete.

Congratulations - Quite amazing!

The rent got too high in the city, so we bought a place that used to be the wild west (1660-1760)
I am constantly rejuvenated and refreshed by the land, water, wind and trees.
Thank you

sorry man if offended you in the other thread - Its just a sore subject for me as i have family and friends who are incarcerated and its really frustrating. You are right - could have chosen words more carefully never-the-less :)

sorry man if offended you in the other thread - Its just a sore subject for me as i have family and friends who are incarcerated and its really frustrating. You are right - could have chosen words more carefully never-the-less :)

No problem at all.

I had the pleasure to talk with one of the NORML founders, Keith Stroup, on 4/20 after the Colorado vote. What struck me, and him, was that in a sea of jubilant college students full of vim and "high" expectations, was another person who acted like a responsible adult. I fully believe in having fun, but when it comes to change, the scared old people who dominate politics needs to see and hear someone they consider feasible and "normal." They need someone that can believe it's "just like them." - It's the old catch more flies with honey approach.

Personally, I think I was hard on you. Maybe because I spend all day around college kids who don't know what it's like to sit in the dark and try not to be killed our beaten for standing up for human rights. Occupy was the FIRST real political protest in a generation. It was really good to see the organizers doing teach-ins explaining that a grass roots movement requires one to not piss off everyone who might be in their side.

I thought my rant button was off. I guess not :)

I am truly sorry about your family.
40 years ago in California, when smoking in public was a 50 dollar ticket. An infraction.
We mostly avoided the cops because they would take your weed.

I expected this damn drug war against Marijuana to end a lot sooner.

Ever notice how Reagon got his ass kicked trying to stop the stoners in Berkeley's People's Park?
I grew up thinking the great of the nation would be only 5-10 years behind California.
Didn't happen.

I'm really sorry for people and family who get ducked over just so a DEA agent can earn his stripes.
It ain't right!

I am truly sorry about your family.
40 years ago in California, when smoking in public was a 50 dollar ticket. An infraction.
We mostly avoided the cops because they would take your weed.

I expected this damn drug war against Marijuana to end a lot sooner.

Ever notice how Reagon got his ass kicked trying to stop the stoners in Berkeley's People's Park?
I grew up thinking the great of the nation would be only 5-10 years behind California.
Didn't happen.

I'm really sorry for people and family who get ducked over just so a DEA agent can earn his stripes.
It ain't right!

Amazing how much we actually have in common - Pretty much took all those words right out of my mouth - Yea choice of language doesn't help with that approach. you were dead on solid thanks for the correction lol i think we were both grumpy that day hahahahahaha :)

Me with my churchwarden pipe for communing with a spirit guide.

This is a non-420 photo. A tobacco pipe stuffed with willow, uva ursi, mullein and yarrow.

20141104_185656-1.jpg

20141104_185647-1.jpg

I am always so excited by your property. I love the forest and woodland plants.

I eaves dropped on your discussion about the presentation needing to be more attractive to the dullards in the Senate. They prefer fairy dust to truth and they think in such a linear way they can't imagine anybody looking different than them. It's quite the cult, I'd say.

Anyway, this particular forum is one of the most polite and mature forums in the 420 community, anywhere. It's not unusual to see people speaking horribly to one another just about everywhere on the Internet. When I first came here it took me a while of lurking to realize this was remarkably decent here. Once you get over that culture shock, it's really pretty nice in these journals.

I am always so excited by your property. I love the forest and woodland plants.

I eaves dropped on your discussion about the presentation needing to be more attractive to the dullards in the Senate. They prefer fairy dust to truth and they think in such a linear way they can't imagine anybody looking different than them. It's quite the cult, I'd say.

Anyway, this particular forum is one of the most polite and mature forums in the 420 community, anywhere. It's not unusual to see people speaking horribly to one another just about everywhere on the Internet. When I first came here it took me a while of lurking to realize this was remarkably decent here. Once you get over that culture shock, it's really pretty nice in these journals.

This forum is the most pleasant I've experienced. I stopped doing most forums about 6 years ago, and I won't even read comments on public news sites because there is Waaaay too much ignorance and trolls.

I try to avoid politics. I don't need the high blood pressure.

This forum is the most pleasant I've experienced. I stopped doing most forums about 6 years ago, and I won't even read comments on public news sites because there is Waaaay too much ignorance and trolls.

I try to avoid politics. I don't need the high blood pressure.

Thats because everyone here is pleasantly in a medicated bliss :)

I think the majority of people here are of a certain age. People who are younger are wise and polite, as well as intelligent. It's a dynamic which is sorely lacking everywhere, including Facebook. I like Facebook, but there is nothing social about it. Not even close. IMO

I do talk politics all the time. Mark and I are very political. I campaign for people, also. I live a rather conservative lifestyle. I am not a prude by a long shot, but some of what I see goes way too far for my taste. I'm talking tv shows, movies, etc. Some of it is too violent and salacious. Politically, I am independent, but really lean very liberal/democrat. I just want what is best for those who don't have as much as I have. I prefer justice. Any time you want to talk about politics, feel free to mosey to my OT journal and fire away. I don't care what side you are on. Dialog is my favorite thing on earth.

I find the key to Facebook is to unfollow all your extended family and friends that you don't really like . :rofl::rofl::rofl::loopy:

I care deeply about voting and political choice. I have a major problem with ignorant voters. I have a visceral hatred of lying pundits on TV. (That last one isn't healthy.)

We probably agree on most things politically, however I reserve the right to dance naked in the forest under the moonlight :)

Hey, I've danced under the moonlight naked when I was a practicing Wiccan. Those were fun times. Now, I doubt I even get naked for the shower! hahahahaha

Yes, we lay here and hate in an unhealthy way. I get it. Tooooooooooooooooooo tally get it.

You live on such an amazingly beautiful property Rado. It's just magical. And I love the way you're helping it grow into an even more beautiful one in your spare time. :love: Thank you for sharing!

You live on such an amazingly beautiful property Rado. It's just magical. And I love the way you're helping it grow into an even more beautiful one in your spare time. :love: Thank you for sharing!

Ditto on all that!! It's amazing how much you accomplish in all that "spare time" you have after work and 2 hrs commute. And you a city boy, you say. Got any efficiency gurus to recommend?

Anyway, it all looks fantastic!

Hi to you and GF:love: and SG:love: and all! Thought I'd be spending more time on photography, but spent the whole fall stabilizing a collapsing stone basement wall at some friend's house. 130 or so years old - one of those Boston society 'summer cottages' - 110 ft long, 14 bedrooms, 6 fireplaces, etc. yet not ostentatious, on 35 acres w/ 1000+ ft of shoreline near the Cape Cod Canal. A great place and great friends when they're there - five siblings and their 96 yr old mom come and go - they've about adopted me the last few years.

But brutal work - digging, moving 200 lb stones, mixing bag after bag of concrete, up-down-inside-outside. Somewhat interesting to excavate and resurrect the old drainage system which diverted 4 downspouts out 25 ft to a drywell the size of a VW But when the plumbers ran the line from a new well they just chopped through the drain pipe. So water overflowed at the downspouts, washing all the old lime mortar out of the wall, replacing it with soil and roots, water and mud flooding out on the basement floor, the ground sinking so it sloped towards the house, and the wall bulging inwards up to 8 inches in places. Honestly, a significant part of my motivation is that I'm so offended by what the plumbers did, as well as the many futile 'band-aid' "repairs" over the years that didn't address the cause, not to mention the electrician who ran the main power line through the gap between the settling stone and the sill it's supposed to support, or the shinglers who didn't create an overhang over the stone, so all the sills often get wet....grrrrr!

[Rant}
So many contractors just do their thing, ignoring, covering up, even causing future problems. No concern for the overall best interests of the house or the owners - just do their thing, make it work, get paid, next. I'd talk to other contractors and say "Wouldn't this more thorough approach make for a better job?" And they'd say, "Well yeah, sure - that's how I'd do it on my house...." In other words, contractors generally operate from the assumption that it's not economically feasible to do the best job, and so each decides what constitutes adequate, or pretends to some mythical 'industry standard,' or 'does it the way everyone else does.' And that's the good ones who honestly want to give you a 'standard' job at the 'standard' rate.
[rant]

At least my friends appreciate my work - in fact are thrilled, because they have complete confidence in my abilities and that I have their best interests in mind. I mostly worked for people like that - never gave quotes, just time and materials. Mostly they were more or less friends, making me even less likely to charge what I really should have. It's no wonder I never could make much money.

I thought I gave this stuff up 20 years ago. 66 years young is not invincible - for every hour of work I pay with 1 to 2 hours of total veg, with hands and arms sometimes too sore even to manage a mouse or keyboard for long. I used to ignore the aches and pains - now I'm beginning to worry about doing permanent damage to myself. I'm planning on living to 100, for starters, and would like to do it in relatively good shape.

It's the curse of being too good at what I'm tired of doing. I can fix pretty much anything about a house, and better than almost anyone, and I'm incapable of doing less than the best I can imagine. But it's not how I want to spend my time. It's always nice to supplement my subsistence income, but I want to do that selling photos. I should mention that this same family has been extremely supportive of my photography from the start, have bought a number of them, and have orders in for some for Christmas presents - I've got to print them soon.

Well - that's more than I set out to say, and I've got stuff to do. I'll be by occasionally. Be well.

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Looks like a slice of paradise Radogast. I can feel the quiet. We live 1/2 block off a busy main street in a major urban town. Always traffic noise when the windows are open. You are one lucky man.

Slogro, you made me think of how proud your parents must have been to raise a man with ethics and a drive for doing the job to the best of his abilities. Well done.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom