Rain flush?

Kymike

420 Member
Outdoor plant in a pot. Will a heavy rain flush my plant ? I have learned my tap water has a ph of 8.0 and this looks like the main problem I’ve been having with my outdoor plant well that and over watering and a few other newbie issues. BUT , I was waiting on some ph adjusters to arrive so I could flush and we had a very heavy rain followed by a few days of off and on light rain. Would this be sufficient to flush my plant or should I go ahead and flush with ph adjusted water ?

Let me ask - why are you flushing?

A flush is supposed to be 3 times the volume of the plants container so for 5 gallons of soil a flush should be 15 gallons of water. Yes some nute companies (fox farms) suggest a flush at certain intervals and flushing can remove part of the chemical salts built up in your grow media. However flushing can not remove nutrients from your buds or improve the taste.

With that said flush if you like but most here go with bud washing instead. BRB with links.
See thread 12,685 and click on Manic Botanic link No Flush Club

the next is long thread but first page should give what you need Bud washing

I’ve been watering with tap water. I finally got a meter and found out my ph is 8.0. And I’m thinking that is what’s causing the issues I’m having. I figured if I flushed it out real good and started over with corrected water I would be in better shape. Then we had some rain and I wondered if that would work , or possibly even work better ? I have some pics of the leaf symptoms in my grow journal in link.

Back
Top Bottom