Re-doing my room and wanted your opinion on new lighting setup

growninnorcal

I wanted to know if I'd get a better yield by going with four 600 watts or two 1000. I'm currently running the one 1,000 and one 600. I can drastically see the diffrence as far as dense and how big the coals are with the 1000. I like dense buds but don't care so much how big coals are. If I can yield more with the extra 400 watts added I'd think it would be worth it.

Please chime in with your experience or opinion. Thanks

I think the 1000w do produce more but they are also less efficient and produce more heat. If heat is an issue I would go with the 600's. Sometimes you can use a light mover to cut down on how many lights you need.

Its said that (2) 600W are more effective than (1) 1000W HPS. These are Jorge Cervantes' claims (don't argue with me, e-mail him). The theory is this, two 600W =1200W not 1000W, so u get an extra 200W plus they don;t burn as hot so the lamps can be placed closer to the plants. I've read that 600W give out the most usable lumens and are the best bang for ur buck. If I could remember exactly where else I read it beside Ceveantes' MMJ indoor/outdoor Growers bible, I'd have posted the link. I'd go with the (2) 600W, I'm rockin 2 in aircooled hoods. I wouldn't bother with 1000W in a small space but what do I know, I've never tried. Hope this helps some.:peace:

I think the 1000w do produce more but they are also less efficient and produce more heat. If heat is an issue I would go with the 600's. Sometimes you can use a light mover to cut down on how many lights you need.

yup 600w's have a higher lumen per watt rating than a 1000w

Depends on your space as well. a single 1k might be better for 4 x 4 area were 2 x 600 would be better for a 3 x 5, 2 x 8 space. I've never owned a 600 although I am putting one together now.

Interesting. I just got done with a harvest comparing 1000 to 600 and the strain under the 600 took an additional week to finsh up. Plus coals were bigger with the 1000 too. So I'm still having mixed reviews on which direction to go.

That has been my experience also. The 600's work quite well and have less heat issues but the 1000's produce faster. The same way with T5's. I had a 16 bulb T5 system and it works quite well but plants mature slower by about 2 to 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom